Lovely five bedroom home on the banks of the largest dam in the Western Cape – the magnificent Theewaterskloof Dam!
Set in a low density 21 hectare estate, it’s an idyllic spot for the water-sport fanatics among us, or for those who simply long for a peaceful country retreat within the enchanting realm of Villiersdorp – “the Pearl of the Overberg” – only 120km from Cape Town!
Offering everything water sport enthusiasts can dream of, glorious views of this vast expanse of water against a backdrop of the magnificent Franschhoek mountains, peace and tranquility, plus, plus, plus!
A superb holiday home for multiple owners, making it a very affordable ‘get-together-country-retreat’ - far enough from the rat-race to rejuvenate even the weariest of weary - in beautiful surrounds - which include the easy and gloriously scenic trip to and from!
All this, a stone throw’s away from arguably the best and most vibrant little country town in the Overberg - see more below.
- Home Size: 320m² floor space (210m² footprint).
- Erf Size: 300m² (Freehold with Home Owners’ Association and plenty space between homes).
- Estate size: 21 hectares with access control (30 stands only – 18 homes built already).
- HOME comprising: Cosy lounge with fireplace and stacking glass doors opening onto patio, large fully fitted ‘eat-in’ kitchen, pub-cum-TV-cum-games room (can also serve as dining room), two bedrooms and two bathrooms downstairs, two double en suite bedrooms upstairs, and yet another separate 'attic' en suite bedroom with own entrance (bliss for teenagers), large under-cover veranda with built-in braai, small enclosed back yard to dry wet gear.
- All living areas, including kitchen, with expansive windows/glass doors and views across the dam. Bedrooms with either dam views or lovely views of the adjoining farmlands and Canola fields.
- Single garage and carport (used as ‘boat port’ currently and garage houses quad bikes and water sport equipment).
- Lawn around the house (can plant indigenous trees/shrubs).
- Sited in a lovely private position approximately 400m from the dam and current views guaranteed.
- Cell reception, internet, DSTV and alarm (fees for own account).
- Reliable domestic and garden services available (for own account).
- Eskom power, water pumped to tank from the dam (filtered).
- Sold fully furnished and equipped.
- BONUS: While not in use, the home can be rented out for weekends/holidays to cover levies, rates and maintenance (low maintenance home).
- ALSO FOR SALE: Tijuana 19 with a 125 Mariner ski cage (recently refurbished) R100 000, and 2 x Quad Bikes R40 000 (for both).
- Levy: R2 390 per month (discounted if paid in advance annually).
- Rates: R1 804 per month.
- No land claims.
- THE ESTATE OFFERS:
- Communal Jetty (fees included in levy).
- Every imaginable water sport.
- Lovely walks, jogging, mountain biking around the dam (surface area of the dam 48 square kilometers).
- Its own Olive Grove - oil sold to owners at minimal cost.
- Resident manager.
- NEARBY ACTIVITIES/ATTRACTIONS:
- 5km – Nine–hole golf course rated as one of the top twenty in South Africa by the SA Golf Digest.
- 12km – Theewater Sports Club, situated on a peninsula stretching into the dam for all organized regattas, dinghy championships, the TSC 9 Hour Challenge, plus a variety of other competitions and where the Theewater Sailing Academy (affiliated to the club) offers sail training to students. The clubhouse offers a restaurant, various functions and training seminars, a well stocked pub, lounge, glorious veranda and DSTV facilities.
- 16km - Villiersdorp – the ‘dorp’ on the other end of the Franschhoek Pass “built on heritage and community-fostered hospitality”. This charming town - and surrounds - offer everything from survival courses, art studios, art- and photography courses, museums (including the fascinating Tractor Museum), markets, festivals, hiking-, mountain biking- and 4x4 trails, wine tasting, delightful eateries, the Helderstroom Alpacas, etc.
- 30km – Caledon with its hot springs and casino.
- 34km – Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve.
- 16km from Villiersdorp, 41km from Franschhoek, 77km from Somerset West, 120km from Cape Town.