Located in a 305ha private nature reserve amidst the mystery and splendour of the Southern Cederberg Mountains - with magnificent rock sculptures and river pools - an absolutely charming stone cottage with gorgeous views all round! A truly idyllic haven for the ardent nature lover!
What a delight to own a Cederberg retreat on a vast tract of land, with an owner only responsible for his/her cottage maintenance, and the rest of the land, roads, water etc maintained and taken care of by the resident manager and managing agents (cost of this included in monthly levy)!
- Cottage size: 85.58m²
- Mezzanine: 12.32m²
- Cottage sold fully furnished and equipped.
- Cottage can be extended up to 160m² which is the total footprint allowed (building regulations apply – sectional title scheme).
- Levy: R3 608.40 per month which includes cottage insurance (storm and fire damage), public liability insurance, fire protection levy, water plus maintenance of water reticulation system, road maintenance, systematic removal of aliens, resident farm manager, management and auditors’ fees.
- Rates: R125 per month.
- : COTTAGE COMPRISING: Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms, one bathroom - shower only, Mezzanine (used as extra bedroom for family and friends), covered veranda and small stoep.
- WATER: From a clear mountain spring.
- GAS stove, fridge and geyser and gas and paraffin lamps.
- CELL RECEPTION: Good cell reception - no internet at the cottage but available if needed.
- THE RESERVE OFFERS: Wonderful walks and hikes, mountain biking, swimming in sparkling rock pools or the man-made pool amongst established shade trees, canoeing on the river (the leisurely kind - not practice for serious canoeists), a wide variety of indigenous fauna and flora, glorious starlit evenings with no light pollution, and an abundance of fresh, unpolluted mountain air!
- OTHER: 19 cottages on the Reserve in total (cannot be increased), farmhouse where manager lives, Barn and manmade pool.
- No 4 x 4 needed to reach this magical Cederberg destination.
- No security issues and no land claims.
- DISTANCES: 30km from Citrusdal, 45km from Op-Die-Berg, and 205km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 225km from Cape Town via Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with 2,5km dirt road to the Reserve).