Rare opportunity to become a part owner of this quaint stone cottage on a 305ha Reserve. Situated at the foot of the Southern Cederberg, the Reserve has a river running through it, and the cottage offers unobstructed and spectacular views of the majestic Cederberg Mountains.
With shared levies, rates and maintenance costs, an opportunity not to be missed!
- PART OWNERSHIP: Gives owner 12 weeks exclusive occupation per year – schedule available on request.
- COTTAGE: Comprises open plan lounge with glorious fireplace, dining area, fully fitted kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, mezzanine with four extra beds and covered veranda.
- WATER from a clear mountain spring.
- NO ELECTRICITY, except for the fridge - gas stove and geyser – paraffin and solar lamps for lighting.
- CELL RECEPTION and privately owned internet connection can be taken over if needed.
- Shared Levy: R 1000 per month (per owner) which includes cottage insurance (storm and fire damage), public liability insurance, water usage and maintenance of water reticulation system and roads, systematic removal of alien vegetation, fire protection levy, resident manager’s salary, management and auditor’s fees – also includes contribution to a ‘maintenance kitty’ for the cottage.
- THE RESERVE - 305HA WITH A RIVER RUNNING THROUGH IT, IS REGISTERED AS A SECTIONAL TITLE SCHEME – WITH 19 COTTAGES, AND IT OFFERS:
- Hiking & mountain biking.
- Indigenous fauna and flora.
- Swimming in the river or large communal man-made pool.
- Peace and tranquillity.
- Smog free environment and gorgeous starlit evenings.
- No security issues and no land claims.
- 30km from Citrusdal, 45km from Op-Die-Berg, and 205km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 225km from Cape Town via Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with 2,5km dirt road to the Reserve).