Unique opportunity to own a mini-farm on top of the Piketberg Mountains, with absolutely glorious views all round.
Only one and a half acres, zoned Agriculture, its ideal for those who want to grow their own veggies, fruit, and keep a horse, a few pet chickens, ducks, etc – all allowed on this truly one-of-a-kind patch of very fertile land.
It also offers a spacious farmhouse, large three-car garage, cottage - to be renovated for granny, family and friends or for rental, plus a shed for storage. Crystal clear spring water on tap, some very productive orange trees, fully fenced and a borehole complete the picture of this delightful micro-farm.
Set in a beautiful scenic spot, within an eclectic community best described as a blended family, and a stone-throw away from all the creature comforts, amenities and superb services Piketberg is known for!
Piket-Bo-Berg has a wonderfully vibrant, friendly and hospitable community – from all manner of farmers (very fertile soil and excellent water), to musicians, to yoga instructors and everything in between. The monthly farmers market is not only a great place to get fresh-from-the-soil locally grown produce, home baked goods, treats and hand-crafts, but its a social event and ‘family gathering’ second to none!
Small and affordable properties like this one are simply not available on the mountain, so don’t miss out!
- Land Size (fully fenced): 6 651m²
- Farmhouse: 240m² (extended early 80's)
- Cottage: 68m² (to be renovated)
- Three-car garage with electricity: 81m²
- Shed: 42m²
- Monthly rates: R215
- FARMHOUSE consists of: Three bedrooms, main with small en-suite – shower only - full family bathroom, large lounge, kitchen with loads of built-in cupboards and space for that farmhouse kitchen table, dining room, sunroom with office space, passage with built-in cupboards, laundry and storeroom. The latter can be used as another small bedroom, office, library, gym, etc. Floors primarily carpeted, with tiles in the main bathroom, and Novilon in the kitchen. House has been very well maintained – roof needs a coat of paint.
- COTTAGE to be renovated (no ceilings and cement floors) with living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom with bath, basin and toilet, water and electricity.
- WATER from mountain spring for domestic use, and borehole which delivers approximately 2 000 litres of water an hour (volume has not been tested recently).
- THREE-PHASE ESKOM POWER, and soak-away septic tank.
- PIKETBERG has excellent medical facilities (including hospital), Vets, superb schools, farmers co-op, fully stocked Spar for grocery/food shopping, a variety of interesting little shops, coffee shops, and a number of churches.
- DISTANCES: Approximately 23km from Piketberg, 48km from Citrusdal and 168km from Cape Town.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SECURITY ISSUES AND NO LAND CLAIMS.