On top of the Piketberg mountains, 7.5 hectares of very fertile land with a lovely, beautifully fitted and comfortable double story homestead, splash pool, variety of fruit trees, a generous income from Buchu with room for more, large double garage, small rustic cottage for guests, veggie garden, mountain spring, registered borehole, two reservoirs and more …
Native to the land, aromatic Buchu, with health benefits dating back to the 1700’s is grown – with almost no effort, which ensures a healthy annual income. Plenty of room for expanding this very profitable crop.
With self-sustainable properties at a premium, this could be the ‘farm’ you’ve been waiting for to live a healthy rural life in lovely surrounds – not to speak of the life improving unpolluted air and excellent water quality!
Priced to sell!
- Land size: 7.5 hectares
- Double story farmhouse: Approximately 209m² (floor space)
- Double garage: 66m²
- Cottage: 22m²
- Rates: R3 406 per annum.
- DOWNSTAIRS approximately 158.78m² footprint including veranda – lounge leading to veranda with built-in braai and splash pool, dining room, pub, fully fitted kitchen with beautiful built-in cupboards – solid Oak, separate scullery/laundry, and walk-in pantry, bedroom and bathroom with Solar geyser - all with tiled floors and closet under the stairs.
- UPSTAIRS approximately 50.650m² – large main bedroom with built-in cupboards galore, lovely large bathroom with bath and shower, second bedroom (currently used as office) – all with beautiful wooden flooring.
- COTTAGE - lovely setting - rustic and rudimentary with enormous potential for renovation, comprising small kitchenette/lounge with Dover Stove, bedroom, bathroom with Solar geyser and patio overlooking the mountains.
- BUCHU: Terraced, fully irrigated with harvesting and pressing outsourced, and plenty of room for expansion.
- IRRIGATED GARDEN with some lovely Cycads, a wide variety of fruit trees - mainly single trees but a veritable fruit-salad with more than enough fruit for household, family and friends, and protected veggie garden (small buck still roam the land).
- OTHER: Two reservoirs, one for overflow from spring, and the other for overflow from borehole, tool-shed, undercover carport with ‘secret room’, small chicken coop, large old corrugated iron shed, and the Boesmans River (not perennial) on the boundary of the property.
- DISTANCES: Approximately 23km from Piketberg with excellent schools, medical care (including hospital), Vets and shops. 48km from Citrusdal and 168km from Cape Town.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SECURITY ISSUES AND NO LAND CLAIMS.