Situated in a 1 000ha Private Game Reserve, surrounded by the rugged Piketberg Mountains, in one of the most beautiful, secluded and peaceful valleys in the Western Cape, this ideal getaway, “Far from the Madding Crowd”, is just what the doctor ordered for weekends of complete rejuvenation in unspoiled nature.
In picturesque surrounds, it offers beautiful mountain views, indigenous game, pristine Fynbos, plenty of space for walks and mountain biking, river pools, unpolluted air, absolute tranquillity and clear starlit skies. In short, nature lovers cannot ask for more!
- Exclusive Use Area: Approximately 9 hectares (Sectional Title Scheme).
- Cottage footprint: 76m² (Building Guidelines apply).
- Rates: R32 per month.
- Levies: R16 597 per annum.
- Insurance: R892 per month.
- THE RESERVE (1 000 ha) OFFERS: A wide variety of Fynbos. One of the few remaining relatively pristine areas of Fynbos left on the West Coast, and part of the Cape Fynbos Biome, it boasts a number of rare and endangered species and includes an area of Renosterveld within its borders.
- Indigenous wildlife recorded include; Aardwolf, Cape Fox, Bat-eared Fox, Ant Eater, Genet, African Wild Cat, Caracal, Klipspringer, Duiker, Grey Reebok, Cape Hare, Grey Mongoose, Water Mongoose, Porcupine, Striped Polecat, Baboon (shy and not imprinted on humans), and the Cape Clawless Otter. Also a sighting (on infrared camera) of a Cape Leopard - extremely shy creatures which still roam the Cape Fold Mountains.
- An abundance of bird-life, including nesting Black Eagle.
- Rock pools for swimming.