With 220m Vlei frontage and the quaint thatched farmhouse architecturally designed along the lines of the traditional late 18th Century Langhuis (Long House), the ambience of a bygone era is unmistakable, and the cottage … Superbly built and finished!
For those who yearn for self-sustainable country living and appreciate the unique and stunning flora, the history, culture and archaeological significance of the area, a find like no other!
Surrounded by the distinctive landscapes, mystery and singular beauty of the West Coast, it’s situated six kilometres from Elands Bay (Mecca for surfers) and the fascinating Elands and other caves with their wealth of Khoisan Rock paintings.
The property is within easy day-trip distance to the best of the best flower sightings along the Flower Route in Spring (Biedouw Valley), the ‘Diamond of the West Coast’ (Lamberts Bay) with its world renowned Bird Island and other attractions, and the Cederberg Wilderness - all offering unsurpassed hiking trails, adventure, and the diverse natural beauty only Mother Nature can provide.
- Land size: 38.7630 hectares. The land crosses the R366 – the cottage/vlei side 8+ hectares and 30ha arable land above the R366, ideal for winter Wheat and Rooibos Tea.
- Cottage: 87m²
- Garages (no doors) with additional guest bedroom en suite: 87m²
- 220m Vlei Frontage
- COTTAGE with sash windows, happy doors and all-round lovely finishes comprising: Lounge with large fireplace open to dining area, fully fitted kitchen with beautiful Oregon Pine cupboards, two bedrooms, main with fabulous en suite and large walk-in closet, second bathroom opposite the second bedroom, and stoep.
- GARAGES: 2 X brick and mortar garages (no doors) with store- and pump room, and additional guest bedroom en suite.
- Plenty of space at the cottage – 8+ hectares - for a veggie garden (veggies thrive in the area, including Artichokes, leeks, fennel, herbs and onions). Planted around the cottage currently Plumbago, Canary Island Oaks, Pomegranate and Lemon trees. Some lovely old Blue Gums were retained for shade.
- 2 x active Beehives.
- Rates: R163 per month
- WATER: Sweet, fresh borehole water fed to 2 x 5 000 tanks.
- ELECTRICITY: Three-phase Eskom power. Solar recommended, particularly for the water system which is dependent on power.
- CELL RECEPTION: A booster will be needed and Satellite Internet recommended (none at present).
- SEWERAGE: Septic tank.
- DISTANCES: 6km from Elands Bay, 50km from historic and picturesque Lamberts Bay (the ‘Diamond of the West Coast’), 70/72km from Clanwilliam and the Cederberg Wilderness, and 195km from Cape Town.