Immaculate country abode with exceptional living spaces offering infinite views from every window!
Nothing lacking in this phenomenal home which exudes light, style and an ambience of easy joyful living throughout!
Elevated on the slopes of the Piketberg Mountains on the outskirts of the village, on half an acre of the most glorious garden, country living cannot get any better!
- Erf: 2066m²
- Total living space: Approximately 306m²
- Homestead Upper Level: 130m²
- Mezzanine effective space (sloping roof): 3m²
- Under cover deck: 26m²
- Homestead Lower Level: 82m²
- Under cover patio plus deck: 65m²
- HOMESTEAD UPPER LEVEL: Comprising entrance hall, open plan lounge with wood-burning fireplace, formal dining area (entire area with air-conditioner and underfloor heating), fully fitted kitchen, office (mezzanine), main bedroom with full bathroom en-suite, guest bedroom - currently used as study - with air-conditioner and underfloor heating, second bathroom (shower only), and a superb 'live-on' deck with panoramic views across the village, the ever-changing tapestry of farmlands, and the Wintershoek- and Olifants Mountains (snow-capped in winter).
- HOMESTEAD LOWER LEVEL: Entrance from patio into open plan family room with wood-burning fire-pot, kitchenette with informal dining area, en suite bedroom also opening up to fabulous patio and deck - complete with Jacuzzi - leading straight to the lower section of the splendiferous garden. Can be closed off from upper level to create a fully functional dual living home.
- CARPORT: Covered carport at the entrance to the main house and plentiful space for a garage or two if needed (the double garage was converted to the lower level of the homestead).
- ENCHANTED GARDEN: Absolutely beautiful established tree filled garden where forty odd bird species have been identified. Formal paths leading to every nook and cranny, including the lovely entertainment area, pond and scented garden retreat – a soul-space-place! Fully irrigated with garden shed.
- OTHER: Solar geyser, 10 000 litre rainwater tank and alarms inside and out.
- RATES: R1 622 per month (excluding water, sewerage and rubbish removal).
- 130km from Cape Town on the N7.
- PIKETBERG ... On the N7, is far from 'just another town' along the route to Namibia.
- Rated as the 3rd best-run municipality in the country, it offers a nine-hole golf course, excellent medical care (including a hospital), Vets, Veterinary Hospital, top-class schools, restaurants and interesting shops. The famous monthly farmers market, and annual two-day mountain biking challenge (with over 90km of trails) on Piket-Bo-Berg are events not to be missed. And 10 kilometers outside Piketberg, the award-winning Wine Estate, Org de Rac (leader in producing organic and Vegan wines), for the best Swartland wine tasting and picnic experience in beautiful surrounds.
- The bonus for weekenders and tourists - Piketberg is close to top-class outdoor adventure – 26km to the best paragliding in the Western Cape (Porterville), and 37km to the Groot Wintershoek Wilderness - a World Heritage Site - with wonderful hiking trails traversing rugged and wild terrain, along waterfalls, rock pools, San paintings, game, and a wide variety of Fynbos and birdlife.
- All in all, Piketberg is surrounded by the best of the best of outdoor living, nature conservation and exploration and offers all creature comforts.