Nestled amidst the Piketberg mountains, the quaintest one-bedroom farm/forest/mountain cottage with fairy-tale garden on offer! Added to this, a gorgeous splash pool, separate and spacious bedsitter, carport with storeroom and 3ha of arable land.
All of the above forming part of the 25% share for sale on a beautiful 52ha company-owned farm ‘on top of the world’, aka Piket-Bo-Berg.
- Share: 25% Share in 52ha farm which includes 40ha of common property.
- Land: exclusive use of approximately 3ha arable land with registered water rights (45+ 3-year-old Avocado Trees planted already).
- Cottage: 75m²
- Bedsitter: 37.5m²
- Carport: 24m²
- Storeroom: 6m²
- Levy: R2 000 per month (includes rates, insurance, maintenance of roads and water reticulation system, auditors fees, wages for one farm labourer, and a kitty for farm improvements).
- Water and electricity usage (including maintenance of Solar System): Approximately R2 500 per month.
- COTTAGE: Built in the days of yore with thick, rough/stone walls, comprising lounge/dining area with wood burning fireplace, under-floor heating and air-conditioner (latter needs a service), beautifully fitted kitchen – all appliances included (Smeg stove, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine), bedroom with custom-made cupboards and full en suite bathroom with delightful corner bath with a view! Added to this, a ‘live-on’ covered veranda and a paved drying area (washing) next to the cottage.
- BEDSITTER: Also with thick, rough/stone walls, small en suite bathroom (shower only), and coffee making facilities plus small kitchen sink.
- SPLASH POOL: One-of-a-kind, set against a backdrop of majestic rock formations.
- GARDEN: Fairy-tale garden with all manner of flowering and indigenous plants.
- CARPORT: Covered and large enough for two cars (tandem), plus small storeroom.
- ELECTRICITY: Solar throughout – totally off the grid with Eskom back-up in the event of too many rainy days means no load shedding distress!
- WATER: Crystal clear and excellent quality borehole water.
- THE FARM OFFERS: Delightful walks, hiking in the Kloof with river pools and Rock Art, mountain biking, gorgeous views and lovely picnic spots along the Boesmans River which runs through the farm. Other than this, incredibly fertile soil where everything grows, 100% organic farming (no spraying of existing fruit trees) and of course shared expenses and decision making! All in all, it offers affordable country/mountain living in absolutely gorgeous surrounds!
- NO TRANSFER DUTY PAYABLE.
- PIKET-BO-BERG: A relatively little-known, beautiful mountain area with fertile soil, great quality water, and a delightful eclectic and cosmopolitan community of farmers and lifestyle property owners.
- The get-together of the diverse and interesting community of locals at the monthly farmers market, frequented by patrons from far and wide, and the annual two-day mountain biking challenge (with over 90km of trails) are events not to be missed.
- Twenty minutes down the road is the equally vibrant town of Piketberg. Rated as the second best-run municipality in the country, it offers a nine-hole golf course, excellent medical care (including a hospital), Vets, excellent schools, a fully stocked Spar, top-class farmers co-op, coffee shops, and a number of churches. And the entire area around Piketberg ‘littered’ with incredible nature and adventure opportunities such as the nearby Groot Winterhoek Wilderness, 24 Waterfalls for spectacular hiking trails, Beaverlac, and the best paragliding site in the Western Cape (Porterville)!
- Unquestionably an opportunity not to be missed!
- Farm is 24km from Piketberg and 153km from Cape Town.
- No crime, security issues or land claims.