Nestled amidst the majesty and mystery of the Southern Cederberg mountains, with the Twee River running through it, this property offers a gorgeous farmhouse with solar heated pool, every conceivable convenience, glorious views all round, direct access to the river, a delightful stone cottage, plus 2ha of exclusive use land featuring a thriving veggie garden, fruit trees, established indigenous trees, shrubs, lawns, and more ...
The 76ha farm is held in a Company (four shareholders only) with an airtight Shareholders Agreement in place, and the land and improvements – see detail below - constitute the 25% share (for sale) in the company.
NO TRANSFER DUTY OR VAT.
- Land size: 2ha Exclusive Use, with approximately 70ha Common Property.
- Farmhouse: 184m².
- Garage: 39m²
- Garage attic: 18m²
- Pool: 13m² (solar heated).
- Garden Cottage: 48m²
- Cottage Veranda: 38m²
- Storeroom with toilet and basin: 16m²
- SOME FURNITURE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL COST.
- HOMESTEAD: Architecturally designed, comprising open plan lounge/dining room leading to sunroom, patio and pool, fully fitted kitchen with high-end appliances and fittings (gas stove, Smeg oven and granite counter tops), cupboards galore and space for that much loved kitchen table - as in the days of yore. Office with own bathroom (can be used as third bedroom if needed), large main bedroom en suite with ample built-in cupboards and full bathroom with top-class fittings, guest bedroom en suite with full bathroom, air-conditioned wine cellar keeping wine at 12/14 degrees with additional cold-room space and insulated floor.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Underfloor heating throughout (solar heated), double glazing throughout (all windows and glass doors), UPS providing six hours of power during Eskom outages, floor to ceiling built-in cupboards, and remote-controlled sunroom blinds. Upmarket finishes throughout, high ceilings and wheelchair friendly. Uninterrupted and spectacular views all round. Both the homestead and cottage expertly built by the best builder in the area 15 years ago, and immaculate!
- DOUBLE GARAGE with automated doors, direct access and attic for storage.
- COTTAGE with the most incredible ‘live-on’ vine-covered veranda, gorgeous views, open plan living/dining room/kitchenette, one bedroom with built-in cupboards and bathroom en suite (shower only). Kitchenette with Franke Hob and Sink combo, microwave and bar fridge.
- THE LOVELY IRRIGATED GARDEN offers a large variety of established shade, indigenous and fruit trees, beautiful flowering shrubs and plants, and a very productive veggie garden.
- BONUS: In addition to the common property and shed for tools and farm equipment, the four shareholders jointly own another stone cottage with splash pool (last photo on photo gallery), and each shareholder has use thereof for 91 days a year.
- ALL COSTS including clearing of aliens, rates (R860 per annum), maintenance of water reticulation system, maintenance of aforementioned cottage, farm equipment, auditors’ fees, membership of the Greater Cederberg Fire Protection Association, etc are shared equally among the four shareholders and amounted to R6 171 each last year (variable year on year but not significantly).
- ELECTRICITY: Eskom, Solar (as specified above), UPS backup and gas stove.
- WATER: Crystal clear spring water for domestic use, river water for irrigation (own river pump for the latter will be needed).
- OTHER: Septic tank (own refuse removal).
- Cell reception, landline and internet availability.
- No 4 x 4 needed to reach this lovely Cederberg destination, no crime issues and no land claims.
- THE PROPERTY OFFERS:
- Peace & tranquillity.
- Awe-inspiring views.
- Indigenous fauna, flora & birdlife.
- Hiking and climbing to challenge the fittest, please the idle, and delight everybody in between. Caves with Rock Art to hike to in the surrounding mountains, pure magic!
- Swimming in river pools – short easy walk from homestead.
- Snow-capped mountains in winter.
- Splendiferous sunsets and starlit evenings.
- DISTANCES: 30km from Citrusdal, 49km from Op-Die-Berg, 90km from Ceres, and 205km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 225km from Cape Town via Wellington/Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with approximately 2,1km dirt road to the property).