For nature lovers and mountain dwellers, you cannot ask for a more picturesque spot!
Set in the most beautiful valley on Piket-Bo-Berg, this 123ha mountain retreat - with no equal - offers breathtaking views, an old farmhouse, shed, cottage, incomplete studio/office, old citrus orchards (about 2ha arable land), rustic campsite and a wide variety of indigenous fauna and flora.
An incredible opportunity to live a self-sustainable rural lifestyle in one of Mother Nature’s most stunning sites.
- Land size: 123.5772 hectares (approximately 2ha arable land – 121ha mountainous). Zoned Agricultural.
- Farmhouse (needs work): 182m²
- Cottage: 62m² (tenant in place until January 2024 – rental R5 500 per month)
- Incomplete Studio/cottage (with awesome views):
- Shed: 115m²
- Eskom – three-phase at farmhouse, single-phase at cottage.
- Water: From artesian spring – no chemicals!
- Cell reception and internet - both available on farm.
- Sewerage: Septic tanks.
- Rates: R350 per month.
- FARMHOUSE comprising lounge with glorious fireplace, open to dining room and large kitchen with ample rustic shelving, four bedrooms (one en suite and another used as storeroom currently), two bathrooms, and the most glorious stoep with stupendous views!
- COTTAGE with lounge, kitchen, two bedrooms, one bathroom, wooden deck and carport.
- STUDIO/OFFICE/COTTAGE to be completed according to the new owner’s needs – literally on the precipice of the most incredible escarpment, so views, views, views – simply priceless!
- RUSTIC CAMPSITE (2 x sites - 4 x 4 needed) – can be extended and upgraded for more income – currently R100 per person per night.
- MORE COTTAGES can be applied for (departure needed from local authority), and land can be subdivided in two if so desired – long process. Sixty-three hectares West of Minor Road 7777 and sixty hectares East.
- FAUNA – all manner of indigenous wildlife in the unspoilt mountains, amongst others, various small Buck species (including Klipspringer), Mongoose, Porcupine, Baboon (not imprinted on humans),Francolin and Guinea Fowl, Black Eagle and Gymnogene. Also some sightings of Aardwolf, Civet, Lynx and Leopard.
- FLORA - much of the land is unspoiled Fynbos, with two or three specific Proteas and Leucadendron, and a large variety of smaller undergrowth, restios, bulbs and other indigenous plants. Still some invaders (trees) to be controlled or cleared for firewood!
- THE LOCATION AND SURROUNDS simply phenomenal. Ideal to be developed into one of the foremost mountain retreats in the Western Cape. Or guard it jealously for yourself, family and friends …
- PIKET-BO-BERG: A relatively little-known, beautiful mountain area with fertile soil, great quality water, and a delightful eclectic and cosmopolitan community of farmers and lifestyle property owners.
- The get-together of the diverse and interesting community of locals at the monthly farmers market, frequented by patrons from far and wide, and the annual two-day mountain biking challenge (with over 90km of trails) are events not to be missed.
- Twenty minutes down the road is the equally vibrant town of Piketberg. Rated as the second best-run municipality in the country, it offers a nine-hole golf course, excellent medical care (including a hospital), Vets, Veterinary Hospital, top-class schools, restaurants, a fully stocked Spar, top-class farmers co-op, , a variety of interesting little shops, coffee shops, and a number of churches. And the entire area around Piketberg ‘littered’ with incredible nature and adventure opportunities such as the nearby Groot Winterhoek Wilderness, 24 Waterfalls for spectacular hiking trails, Beaverlac, and the best paragliding site in the Western Cape (Porterville)!
- Unquestionably an opportunity not to be missed!
- DISTANCES: Approximately 23km from Piketberg, 48km from Citrusdal and 168km from Cape Town.
- NO SECURITY ISSUES – GREAT SECURITY ON THE MOUNTAIN - AND NO LAND CLAIMS.