Wonderful opportunity to own a beautiful, peaceful, 10ha smallholding on top of the Piketberg Mountains – where everything grows!
Add to the above a spacious timber frame homestead with spectacular views all round, an olde world cottage for renovation in a private and beautiful setting, a large workshop/garage, small Lime orchard, patch of Buchu (plenty of room for expansion), seasonal stream, wide variety of Fynbos, a kaleidoscope of wild flowers in spring, a cacophony of birdsong, and small indigenous wildlife! All in all, priceless!
Enjoy the best of both worlds – a glorious rural lifestyle, and a small-scale farming opportunity - if so inclined, or simply enjoy Mother Nature’s treasure trove in this stunning spot.
The get-together of the diverse and interesting community of locals at the famous monthly farmers market, frequented by patrons from far and wide, and the annual two-day mountain biking challenge (with over 90km of trails) are events not to be missed.
Twenty minutes down the road is the vibrant town of Piketberg. Rated as the 2nd best-run municipality in the country, it offers a nine-hole golf course, excellent medical care (including a hospital), Vets, Veterinary Hospital, top-class schools, restaurants, a fully stocked Spar, top-class farmers co-op, , a variety of interesting little shops, coffee shops, and a number of churches.
Unquestionably an opportunity not to be missed!
PRICE EXCLUDES VAT
- Land Size: 10ha
- Timber frame Homestead: 194m²
- Additional Room underneath the deck: 28m²
- Cottage for renovation: 50m²
- Workshop/Garage: 85m²
- Under cover parking for 3 cars: 85m²
- Rates: Approximately R300 per month.
- HOMESTEAD comprising: Open plan lounge, dining room, TV room with fireplace and air conditioner, office nook, fully fitted kitchen with separate scullery/laundry, four bedrooms, two en suite, all with built-in cupboards and ceiling fans, three bathrooms in total, deck, and lovely newly added room underneath the deck to be completed and used as you wish – great for office, gym, home theater, hobby room etc.
- LIST OF EQUIPMENT, MACHINERY, BUILDING MATERIALS etc included in sale available on request.
- WORKSHOP/GARAGE with three sliding doors, electricity and under-cover parking.
- OLD CHARACTER COTTAGE with water and electricity for renovation – three rooms with Dover Stove, kitchenette, small bathroom with 50 litre electric geyser and septic tank with French drain. Private and set in gorgeous surrounds!
- PLANTED: Small orchard of approximately 80 Tahiti/Bear’s Lime trees under drip irrigation, approximately 0.3ha dry-land Buchu (plenty of room for expansion), some beautiful established Cycads, Clivias, Aloes, etc to enjoy.
- WATER: Excellent quality water from borehole with 0.75KW pump delivering 2 000 litres per hour (consistently for 25 years), and seasonal stream running through the property. Water storage tanks totalling 22 500 litres.
- OTHER: 3-Phase Eskom power (network charge approximately R3 270 a month), 5.4KVA backup generator, septic tank with French drain, own refuse removal, Cell reception and good internet (superb satellite internet also available).
- DISTANCES: Approximately 23km from Piketberg, 48km from Citrusdal and 168km from Cape Town.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SECURITY ISSUES – GREAT SECURITY ON THE MOUNTAIN - AND NO LAND CLAIMS.