Quaint stone cottage with awe-inspiring views in a beautiful scenic and secluded position amongst the age-old rock formations so typical of the Cederberg.
Situated in a 305ha Private Nature Reserve, surrounded by the majestic Cederberg mountains and three minutes’ walk to a perennial river, this is an ideal getaway cottage, or stay-for-good retreat for an artist, writer, or those simply ready to get away from it all.
- Cottage: 90m² (North facing)
- Carport: 50m²
- Small ‘cool-off pond’ at the foot of a gorgeous rock cluster.
- Cottage comprising; Open plan lounge with fireplace, kitchen and dining area, two bedrooms – one with built-in cupboards (owner lived there permanently for three years) – one bathroom, loft room, lovely live-on veranda, large carport and outside rock shower with hot and cold water.
- No renovation needed - roof replaced in 2009, recently painted (inside) and re-tiled throughout in 2012.
- Water in normal circumstances from a clear mountain spring, and during the drought augmented by water pumped from the river.
- Eskom power.
- Internet connection, landline (only MTN cell reception in the area) and DSTV Dish.
- Levy: R2 216 per month which includes cottage insurance, public liability insurance, water and maintenance of water infrastructure and roads, systematic removal of alien vegetation, fire protection levy, resident farm manager, management and auditor’s fees.
- Rates: R168 per month.
- Cottage not sold fully furnished and equipped but contents can be negotiated. List of items included in the price available on request.
- Some Aloes and indigenous shrubs around the cottage, as well as two Cedar Trees (Clanwilliam Cedar – protected species) and two gorgeous Fever Trees with their pale green bark.
- THE RESERVE – A SECTIONAL TITLE SCHEME (19 COTTAGES ON 305 HECTARES) OFFERS:
- Resident Manager.
- Hiking & mountain bike riding.
- Indigenous fauna and flora.
- Swimming in the river or large communal man-made pool.
- Peace and tranquillity.
- Smog free environment and gorgeous starlit evenings.
- No security issues and no land claims.
- 30km from Citrusdal, 45km from Op-Die-Berg, and 205km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 225km from Cape Town via Wellington/Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with approx 2,5km dirt road to the Reserve).