Charming farm cottage in mountainous surrounds, enough land to grow your own veggies/fruit, gorgeous views, delightful seasonal streams, with safety, privacy, peace, tranquillity and fresh mountain air - a given.
All of the above forming part of a 25% share in a beautiful 52ha company-owned farm ‘on top of the world’, aka Piket-Bo-Berg.
With shared expenses and decision making, three caring, fellow nature loving shareholders, and no Transfer Duty payable, this is that proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. An opportunity not to be missed if you see yourself living close enough to all manner of excellent amenities, yet far from the madding crowd!
Ideal for permanent living, or use as a getaway cottage.
- 25% Share in 52ha farm.
- Land: 13ha – use of a combination of arable and non-arable land. Arable approximately 3ha with registered water rights. Land for crops not used by current shareholder, and will be 'pegged' according to current land available, preference and agreement.
- COTTAGE – 100m². Forming part of the share is an enchanting olde world farm cottage with exposed roof trusses, lovely living area with Dover Stove and air-conditioner, compact fitted kitchen, two bedrooms (second a small single room), full bathroom, delightful veranda with gorgeous views, garden, and separate medicinal garden.
- CARPORT (covered and enclosed on two sides).
- STORAGE SPACE available at nominal rental – R700 per year.
- ELECTRICITY with separate usage meter.
- WATER - crystal clear and excellent quality borehole water. Small catchment dam below cottage, and various seasonal streams and rock pools on the farm.
- CELL AND INTERNET – excellent connectivity, so work from home a definite option.
- WALKING/HIKING AND MOUNTAIN BIKING – a great network of roads/trails on and around the farm.
- SWIMMING POOL – shared use of pool.
- GREENHOUSE – large shared and irrigated greenhouse close to cottage.
- GUEST COTTAGE – small guest cottage for visitors (bedroom, bathroom, coffee-making facilities) available to all shareholders – cleaning fee to be paid for usage.
- LEVY: R1 000 per month, which includes, inter alia, rates, insurance, use of guest cottage for visitors, water and electricity infrastructure, and maintenance thereof, plus general upkeep of farm and outbuildings.
- BASIC FURNITURE can be purchased at additional cost.
- SHAREHOLDERS AGREEMENT - available on request to seriously interested parties only.
- NO TRANSFER DUTY PAYABLE - cost of transfer of share for purchaser's account.
- PIKET-BO-BERG has a wonderfully vibrant, friendly and hospitable community – from all manner of farmers (very fertile soil and excellent water), to musicians (including teachers), to yoga instructors and everything in between. The all but world renowned monthly farmers market, is not only a great place to get all manner of locally produced produce, home baked confectionary and hand-crafts, but a social event second to none!
- PIKETBERG has excellent medical facilities (including hospital), Vet, superb schools, farmers co-op, fully stocked Spar for grocery/food shopping, a variety of interesting little shops, and a number of churches.
- If ever a rural opportunity not to be missed, this is it!
- Farm is 24km from Piketberg and 153km from Cape Town.
- No crime, security issues or land claims.