Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, indigenous fauna and flora, situated on the mountainside in the beautiful historic Bainskloof Pass, this delightful two bedroom stone and timber cottage awaits its lucky new owners!
Situated in a Private Nature Reserve and offering awe-inspiring vistas from both inside and out - even from the shower - your privacy will only be intruded on by the neighbouring lizards, birds, Genet, Mongoose, Rhebuck, and Klipspringer.
Enjoy cosy open fire evenings with snow-capped mountain peaks in winter, and swimming, canoeing and a picnic at a designated spot along the river down below - available to owners and their guests exclusively.
A gloriously peaceful and comfortable base, in picture-perfect surrounds, from which nature lovers can explore, canoe down the river, cycle and hike in the mountains - where bushman paintings and around 1300 species of Fynbos can be found.
An ideal mountain retreat, only one and a half hours from Cape Town, and a stone’s throw away from a number of top-class Wine Estates for that scrumptious Sunday Lunch!
- Cottage: 160m² (East facing)
- Land Size: 1.6 hectares (freehold with Home Owners Association)
- COTTAGE comprising two spacious en-suite bedrooms, two bathrooms, one with the most incredible ‘view shower’, the other with bath, large lounge and dining area with open fireplace – also great for an indoor ‘potjie’ - fitted kitchen with beautiful solid laminated wood counters, two open loft areas, one perfect for a small office, and an enormous ‘live-on’ deck. (A few VERY minor maintenance issues to be seen to in the cottage).
- Stackable glass doors which open up the entire living area - to fully 'merge' indoors with the beautiful surrounds, and allow in cool summer breezes.
- Wooden floors throughout.
- Gas and Solar power.
- Solar provides lighting to the main rooms, 12V plug points for charging phones or running minor appliances, a custom alarm system, and an external light above the front door.
- Sold fully furnished & equipped.
- Levy: R602 per month.
- Rates: R667 per month.
- THE RESERVE OFFERS: Two hiking trails, rock-art sites, a wide variety of Fynbos, plentiful birdlife and small indigenous wildlife. Longer hiking- and mountain bike trails in Bainskloof itself, and some top-class Wine Estates (also for Sunday lunch) in the Breede River & Slanghoek Valleys.
- 28km from Wellington, 34 from Worcester, 120km from Cape Town.