Nothing lacking in this exceptional home which offers many special spaces and features, and has an ambiance of comfort and easy living prevailing throughout.
Class, space, light, wide archways, artwork ‘cast in stone’, views from every room, superb engineering, craftsmanship, Austrian precision and ... Position, position, position!
On the seafront – North facing with infinite views across the cobalt waters of the Atlantic Ocean and surrounding mountains - from every room!
As for De Kelders, other than its captivating history, the entire area is a bird watcher’s paradise, and the village is within striking distance of excellent restaurants, medical care, cultural activities, including a visit to the Strandveld Museum, visits to rock-art sites, cultural walking tours – also of the historic caves along the seafront, outdoor activities such as invigorating hiking trails, mountain biking, horse-riding, 4 x 4 trails, 4x4 trails, Die Plaat - one of the most pristine and unspoilt beaches around, and then there is Platbos - South Africa's southernmost indigenous forest, a mere 25 minutes away.
- Homestead: 552m²
- Erf: 595m²
- HOMESTEAD comprising entrance hall, lounge with fireplace, TV room, dining room, wine cellar and guest cloak. Five bedrooms all with private balconies/terrace. Main en suite with walk-in closets. Two further en suite and two with shared bathroom. The latter currently used as offices with built-in wall units, and private balconies. The bathroom serving these two bedrooms currently used as a storeroom. Fully fitted and equipped kitchen with marble tops, pantry and separate scullery. Three storerooms - one on every level. Entertainment sized terrace with built-in tables and benches, plunge pool and Pizza oven. Extra large double garage with direct access and under-cover carport (almost an additional garage, also with direct access). Easy to maintain terraced rock garden with indigenous plants.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:
- The pièce de résistance - every room offers uninterrupted views with all but floor-to-ceiling glass doors/windows and all leading to private balconies/terraces.
- North-facing means those spectacular sunsets across the ocean – and the Whales - can be savoured throughout the year. Even when the infamous South Easter is unleashed, sundowners and entertainment on the terrace can continue unperturbed.
- A priceless acquisition for a new owner, three artworks painted on interior walls by world renowned artist, Jesus Fuertes, a friend and student of the late Picasso, and a dear friend of the owner, shortly before his death (1938 – 2006). Notably “Io Sonno Bacchus” in the wine cellar.
- The two guest bedrooms (on private level) are run as an internationally renowned Seafront Guesthouse - a part-time B & B, highly praised by Tripadvisor, accommodating mainly overseas tourists.
- Most windows/glass doors are fitted with superior quality blinds or stackable shutters.
- The entire house is covered for high speed broadband internet access and the DSTV satellite dish will stay.
- De Kelders is 160km from Cape Town, 40km from Hermanus and 3km from Gansbaai.