Quaint stone cottage with awe-inspiring and unobstructed views in every direction.
Located in a private nature reserve amongst the mystery and splendour of the Southern Cederberg Mountains, magnificent rock sculptures and river pools, an absolutely charming stone cottage with gorgeous views all round! An idyllic getaway for ardent nature lovers and weary city dwellers!
- Cottage size: 100m² floor space
- Cottage can be extended up to 140m² which is the maximum footprint allowed (building guidelines apply).
- COTTAGE COMPRISING: Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms, one bathroom, loft (used as extra bedroom for family and friends), covered veranda, stone-built braai and outdoor shower.
- Solar power for lights, and gas for fridge, geyser and cooking.
- THE RESERVE – A SECTIONAL TITLE SCHEME (19 COTTAGES ON 305 HECTARES) OFFERS hiking, mountain biking, swimming in sparkling river pools or the man-made pool amongst glorious shade trees, canoeing on the river (the leisurely kind - not practice for serious canoeists), a wide variety of indigenous fauna and flora, glorious starlit evenings with no light pollution, and an abundance of fresh, unpolluted mountain air!
- Levy: R3 566 per month which includes cottage insurance, public liability insurance, fire protection levy, water usage, maintenance of water reticulation system, road maintenance, systematic removal of aliens, resident farm manager, management- and auditors’ fees.
- Rates: R152 per month.
- No 4 x 4 needed to reach this lovely Cederberg destination, no crime issues and no land claims.
- 30km from Citrusdal, 49km from Op-Die-Berg, and 205km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 225km from Cape Town via Wellington/Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with approx 2,5km dirt road to the Reserve).