5 x Adjoining plots on the outskirts of Gouda, with lovely mountain views, 6km from the popular Voelvlei Dam and Nature Reserve, and walking distance to the Kleinberg River.
Combined Size just over 3 ha (plots already sub-divided)
Imminently suitable for:
- 5 x residential homes (plots already sub-divided)
- Cash crops (vegetables), olives and fruit
- Boat Storage
- Currently zoned Agricultural.
- Municipal water already laid on to one plot.
- Monthly rates for all five plots: R493
- GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Gouda is 108km from Cape town and lies 37 km south of Porterville along the R44. This highway crosses the Little Berg River and a number of streams which have become known as “Twenty-four Rivers”. The name Gouda is said to originate from a Khoikhoi word meaning ‘antelope’ or ‘honey kloof’.
- The village lies at the western entrance of Nuwekloof Pass between Tulbagh and Wellington. The settlement started on a farm named Gouda. Gouda originally served as a railhead for Porterville and was known as Porterville Road in the early years. A branch line from Hermon to Porterville was built in 1929.
- The Voëlvlei Dam lies about 6 km south of Gouda and plays an important role for surrounding areas. The Dam was completed in 1952. It is filled in the rainy season by several streams including the Little Berg River. In Summer, water is supplied via the Berg River to places as far away as Cape Town.
- Voëlvlei Dam is popular with water sport enthusiasts. It is the home of the Voëlvlei Yacht Club (the oldest Yacht Club in SA). Fishermen are attracted to the Dam which is mainly populated by Bass. The stretch of water is roughly 8km long by 1,5km wide.