Beautiful riverside home / guesthouse on the banks of the Witte River on a 1.26ha smallholding.
Situated in Mount Bain Private Nature Reserve in the picturesque and historic Bainskloof Pass, it offers plentiful accommodation, delightful living spaces, a separate wooden cottage, direct access to a fabulous river pool, panoramic mountain views all round, a large established landscaped garden, protected vegetable patches, peace and tranquillity, and so much more!
All in all a terrific investment and rand for rand, great value for money - in absolutely glorious surrounds.
- Plot size: 1.2592 hectare
- Homestead: 281m²
- Wooden Cottage: 36m²
- 3 x Covered Parking areas (underneath the house): 65m²
- Covered braai area: 14m²
- Pump House: 8m²
- HOMESTEAD - TOP FLOOR: Open plan lounge with large fireplace / dining room with Godin anthracite/wood-burning stove / fitted kitchen with breakfast counter and stools, small pantry, cosy enclosed sun-deck, large wooden deck, three en-suite bedrooms (two with showers only, main with full bathroom), passage and guest cloak.
- GROUND FLOOR can easily be converted to a full one-bedroom flat – currently comprising en-suite bedroom (shower only), additional room (lounge/study) and small shelved enclave with a kitchen sink, secure storeroom and workshop – the latter with outside access.
- WOODEN COTTAGE consisting of sleeping/living room, kitchen, bathroom and deck.
- GARDEN: Other than a stunning stretch of Riverine Fynbos along the river, the garden is beautifully landscaped with mature trees – including fruit trees – indigenous shrubs, plants, lawns and footpaths leading down to the river, with a protected veggie garden and large wood-store at the far end of the property. Also a small, totally secluded river pond in the Fynbos - ideal to sit in to read a book or simply relax and drink in the peace, tranquillity and birdsong on a hot summers day (i.e. a shallow ‘cool-off Jacuzzi”). Garden fully irrigated (two protected veggie patches – one next to the house).
- DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE: Gorgeous river pool for swimming and launching a canoe for a paddle down the river, complete with shaded wooden gazebo for a day long picnic.
- ADDITIONAL INFO:
- GEYSERS: 2 x 150 litre solar geysers (3 yrs old) independently controlled from panels (only one geyser for a few people, both for more). First geyser feeds heat into second geyser to maximise solar heating. Both also fitted with 2kw electrical elements.
- EVAPORATORS: Two independently controlled evaporators, each using less than 1 amp to run, wash mountain air, cool it, and supply up to 6000 cubic litres of cool fresh air into the house per hour. Cools the entire house if windows are slightly ajar. Automatic cleaning (dumps old water and refreshes).
- SOLAR PV: 24 x 240w solar panels, 1 x 60 amp MPPT, 1 x 100 amp MPPT, 1 x 8 Kw Inverter, twelve deep cell batteries. Inverter uses panels and batteries at night (or Eskom). On a good clear day the PV produces up to 4.5kw (approx 20 amps). Stove uses Eskom power.
- FIREPLACE: Large open fireplace in lounge with control vent - operated from deck with turning handle to optimise air flow. Ash is swept into a chute which drops down to a holding bin below (emptied about once a year from outside)
- GODIN STOVE: Most heating is done by this anthracite/ log burning stove - heats the main areas of the house.
- IRRIGATION SYSTEM: Three pumps (in pump house). One pumps from the stream into a holding tank, and another pumps into a large pressure tank which supplies the house, external taps and irrigation system (third pump a spare). Two computer controllers used to manage about 20 different watering valves
- SECURITY: All windows (homestead) are fitted with steel blinds or shutters which means that once opened there are no burglar bars obstructing the beautiful views, and once closed (owners absent) they are all but impenetrable – alarm linked to blinds and shutters.
- DSTV Dish, WIFI (Breedenet) and Cell reception.
- Levy: R600 per month.
- Rates: R1 982 per month.
- THE RESERVE OFFERS: Two hiking trails, rock-art sites, a wide variety of Fynbos and indigenous wildlife, and Otters have returned to the river! Longer hiking- and mountain bike trails in Bainskloof itself, and some top-class Wine Estates (also for Sunday lunch) in the Breede River & Slanghoek Valleys.
- 120km from Cape Town.