Stone castle meets chic farmhouse on more than an acre on the outskirts of Ladismith in the Western Cape - the ‘Jewel of the Klein Karoo’ – or ‘Lady of the Karoo’ if you will.
Masterfully built with local stone, and offering picture perfect views of the legendary 2198m Towerkop, peace and tranquillity, enough land to be self-sustainable, versatile quarters downstairs with bathroom and separate entrance (see detail below), this abode is one of a kind, and ... A no-brainer as far as value is concerned.
With Ladismith situated at the heart of the popular tourist Route 62, at the foot of the majestic Swartberg Mountains, and already known for its spectacular mountain passes with towering cliffs, heritage sites, national monuments, varied architectural styles, diverse landscapes and biodiversity, this unique Castle House underscores the charm and allure of one of the lesser known, and yet to be ‘discovered’ Karoo Towns.
So ... If or your sights are set on the inimitable magnetism of the Little Karoo, here’s a golden opportunity to secure your spot in this captivating area which offers cream of the crop natural splendour, including the Seweweekspoort Pass – the most beautiful pass in South Africa with its almost perfect micro-climate - 180 bird species, indigenous game, quirky legends, plus plentiful outdoor adventure.
As for the Castle House, don’t miss out - it’s extraordinary, exclusive, and ... Going for a song!
Magnificent family home or upmarket Guest House investment.
- Dwelling: 340m² (North facing)
- Land: 5 259m²
- CASTLE HOUSE – architecturally designed by Deon van Biljon, built by a Master Stone Mason over a period of three years, boasting hand crafted railway sleeper doors and door frames – mostly Burmese Teak, large north-facing windows and glass sliding doors optimising picturesque views from almost every room. (And be amazed by some finer detail such as built-in millstones, hand-packed river-stone retaining wall etc.)
- Spacious living area with open plan lounge and dining room, featuring gorgeous views, fireplace, Spaanse Riet ceilings and log beams.
- Partially walled-off TV/small private reception room in the turret.
- Superb farmhouse kitchen big enough for table and chairs - as in the days of yore - with lots of built-in cupboards (Oregon and normal Pine), hob, oven, extractor and Dover Stove (also with Spaanse Riet ceilings and log beams).
- Separate scullery/laundry.
- Three bedrooms on main level; Main bedroom en-suite with views, views, glorious views, private patio and walk-in closet - others with ample built-in cupboards - and views (fourth bedroom/other downstairs).
- Three bathrooms on main level including en-suite (fourth bathroom in downstairs quarters).
- Spacious quarters down below with separate entrance, bathroom and built-in cupboards. Convert a section into a kitchenette, and what do you know - a separate apartment to generate income. Or accommodation for the extended family and friends. Other options for these versatile quarters are home offices, a man cave extraordinaire, home theatre, gym, hobby/games room, library, music room etc.
- Large veranda with glorious views.
- Under-cover entertainment area with built-in braai.
- Double garage with direct access.
- Lovely established garden.
- Reservoir and outside toilet and basin.
- Water: Municipal water, plus water rights in terms of the rotational system (leibeurt) which is stored in a reservoir for watering the garden.
- Eskom power.
- Rates: R196.00 per month.
- No crime or security issues.