Located in a private nature reserve amongst the mystery and splendour of the Southern Cederberg Mountains, magnificent rock sculptures & river pools, an absolutely charming stone cottage with gorgeous views all round! A truly idyllic haven for the ardent nature lover!
What a delight to own a Cederberg retreat on a vast tract of land, with an owner only responsible for his/her cottage maintenance, and the rest of the land, roads, water etc maintained and taken care of by the resident manager and managing agents (cost of this included in monthly levy)!
- Cottage size: 83m² (some settlement cracks which have not worsened in approx 20 years). Cottage can be extended up to 140m² which is the total footprint allowed (building regulations apply – sectional title scheme).
- COTTAGE COMPRISING: Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms, one bathroom, loft (used as extra bedroom for family and friends), covered veranda, stone-built braai, rustic outdoor shower, Telkom line (MTN & Vodacom cell reception), solar power and gas, and glorious views in every direction.
- Water in normal circumstances from a clear mountain spring, and during the drought it was augmented by water pumped from the river.
- THE RESERVE OFFERS: Wonderful walks and hikes, mountain biking, swimming in sparkling rock pools or the man-made pool amongst the shade trees, canoeing on the river (the leisurely kind - not practice for serious canoeists), a wide variety of indigenous fauna and flora, glorious starlit evenings with no light pollution, and an abundance of fresh, unpolluted mountain air!
- Levy: R2 517 per month which includes cottage insurance, public liability insurance, fire protection levy, water plus maintenance of water reticulation system, road maintenance, systematic removal of aliens, resident farm manager, management and auditors’ fees.
- Rates: R152 per month.
- No 4 x 4 needed to reach this lovely Cederberg destination.
- 29km from Citrusdal, 49km from Op-Die-Berg, and 205km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 225km from Cape Town via Wellington/Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with approx 2,5km dirt road to the Reserve).