Rare, rare, rare opportunity to acquire a piece of every nature lover’s paradise ... Plot in the heart of the most magnificent section of the Cape Supergroup mountains – the Cederberg.
Situated in a small development - in an elevated position – the views are simply gorgeous, and for the lucky new owner it offers the perfect base for hiking to the Disa Pool, Maltese Cross, Apollo Cave, Truitjieskraal, Stadsaal, etc. And to explore all the other wonders shrouded in the mystery of this majestic mountain range.
- Plot size: 534m² (freehold - building regulations apply – available on request).
- THE CEDERBERG OFFERS: Spectacular rock formations sculpted by the wind, sand and rain over millions of years, a network of more than 500km hiking trails, mountain biking trails, rock climbing, swimming in crystal clear river pools, birding, visits to magnificent rock art sites, and star gazing - in clear unpolluted skies - is ‘on tap’.
- Endemic wildlife include the leopard (very shy), African wild cat, caracal, bat-eared fox, aardwolf, Cape fox, baboon, rock hyrax, grey rhebuck, klipspringers, duiker, grysbok, porcupine, honey badger, Cape clawless otter, mongoose, striped polecat and ant eater,
- Not to forget about the approximately 100 bird species identified in the area, or the Cederberg’s interesting rodents such as the spectacled dormouse, and the dragon-like armadillo – all of which thrive in this magical landscape.
- Forever recorded in a myriad of rock art paintings, also the rich history of the Khoisan, of which Peter Singsby, South Africa’s great cartographer, said; “The Western Cape, particularly the mountainous regions from the Koue Bokkeveld, through the Cederberg to the Agter Pakhuis, may have more rock paintings per square kilometer than anywhere else in Southern Africa".
- This is truly an opportunity not to be missed!
- Levies: R1 500 per year for the next three years, which includes a special levy of R750 for the new water reticulation system.
- Rates: Approximately R30 per month.
- No crime and security issues and no land restitution claims.
- 63km from Clanwilliam, 124km from Ceres, and 253km from Cape Town.