Once in a lifetime opportunity to own one of the best stands in Banghoek Private Game Reserve.
Surrounded by the awe-inspiring Piketberg Mountains, this elevated stand – aptly named Top Rock - offers easy access, and the most gorgeous panoramic views of the entire Reserve AND the valley beyond.
Only 156km from Cape Town, Banghoek is an ideal weekend getaway destination – akin in many ways to the Cederberg - yet so much closer.
Also see some fascinating history of Banghoek in an article under the heading ‘Editorials’ on the home page.
- Exclusive Use Area: 2.3 hectares (Sectional Title Scheme).
- Cottage footprint: 151m² (Building Guidelines apply).
- Rates: R38 per month.
- Levies: R750 per month.
- THE RESERVE (1 000 ha) OFFERS: A wide variety of Fynbos. One of the few remaining relatively pristine areas of Fynbos left on the West Coast, and part of the Cape Fynbos Biome, it boasts a number of rare and endangered species and includes an area of Renosterveld within its borders.
- Indigenous wildlife recorded include; Aardwolf, Cape Fox, Bat-eared Fox, Ant Eater, Genet, African Wild Cat, Caracal, Klipspringer, Duiker, Grey Reebok, Cape Hare, Grey Mongoose, Water Mongoose, Porcupine, Striped Polecat, Baboon (shy and not imprinted on humans), and the Cape Clawless Otter. Also an unconfirmed sighting of a Cape Leopard - extremely shy creatures which still roam the Cape Fold Mountains freely.
- An abundance of bird-life, including Black Eagle.
- Rock pools for swimming.
- Above all, the Reserve offers nature at its finest – nestled amongst the beautiful Piketberg Mountains, plus absolute peace and tranquillity - in one of the most beautiful valleys in the Western Cape.
- No land restitution claims, and no crime issues.