An opportunity to own a beautiful 87ha private valley with 6ha of very fertile arable land, set on top of the Piketberg Mountains. This farm offers the best of both worlds – a wonderful rural lifestyle far from the madding crowd, as well as a small-scale farming opportunity.
Add to the above a dam, at least four seasonal streams, an incredible variety of Fynbos – including some unique and rare species – plenty bird- and small indigenous wildlife, plus gorgeous views in every direction.
For the weary city dweller, privacy, peace, tranquillity and fresh mountain air - a given.
- Size: 87,9439 ha (vacant land).
- Arable land: 6ha (planted previously, hence easy to prepare).
- Almost anything will grow - very fertile soil, including fruit trees, Protea & Fynbos, Olives, Nuts & vegetables. If primarily a lifestyle farm (absentee owner), Rooibos Tea a good option – looks after itself and provides a good income.
- Dam: Approximately 10 000m³ (mountain catchment – slow leak needs to be repaired).
- At least four streams flow through the farm in winter.
- Excellent quality groundwater for borehole – domestic use (water table at the dam very shallow).
- Electricity point available.
- Cell reception in some areas.
- A wide variety of Fynbos – including some rare and unique species.
- Small indigenous wildlife such as Duiker, Grysbok, Grey Rhebuck, Genet, Mongoose, Porcupine, African Wild Cat etc, and if lucky, you may even spot some leopard spoor.
- Wonderful birdlife.
- Some Blue Gum and Port Jackson on the land.
- 24km from Piketberg and 150km from Cape Town.
- No crime or land claims.
- PLEASE NOTE: OWNER IS VAT REGISTERED, SO VAT INSTEAD OF TRANSFER DUTY WILL BE PAYABLE.