Your search for that perfect getaway may be over!
Enchanting stone cottage on the southern slopes of the Cederberg, and... On the river! Offering everything the nature lover, wishing to escape the city smog and stress, can ever dream of.
Built by a Master Stone Mason in 1993, the cottage is in excellent condition. Set in a nature reserve, in a secluded spot on the river, with breathtaking views of the river and magnificent Cederberg Mountains, this is a rare opportunity to stake out a claim for that perfect piece of paradise.
- Size: 105m² (excluding veranda and carport)
- Lounge with fireplace, two bedrooms – main with direct access to veranda, two bathrooms - one en-suite, loft – can be used as extra sleeping area/study/studio, kitchen, dining nook off kitchen, pantry/storeroom, live-on veranda, covered carport, wood-store, and small outside storeroom for gardening equipment etc.
- Direct access to gorgeous river pool.
- Panoramic views of river and surrounding mountains.
- Sold fully furnished and equipped, complete with rowing boat and inflatable mattress for lounging on the river.
- Water from mountain spring – water pumped from the river during the drought.
- Solar power and gas.
- PLEASE NOTE: What appears to be double beds in the bedrooms - on the photos - are in fact single beds pushed together, i.e. 4 x single beds.
- MTN cell reception (only) and internet available.
- Levy: R2 258 per month, which includes cottage insurance, public liability insurance, water and maintenance of water infrastructure and roads, systematic removal of alien vegetation, fire protection levy, resident farm manager, management and auditor’s fees.
- Rates: R195 per month.
- THE RESERVE – A SECTIONAL TITLE SCHEME (APPROX 305HA) OFFERS:
- Hiking & mountain bike riding.
- Indigenous fauna and flora.
- Communal swimming pool.
- Peace and tranquillity.
- Smog free environment and gorgeous starlit evenings.
- All in all a truly idyllic haven.
- 30km from Citrusdal, 45km from Op-Die-Berg, and 207km From Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass). Approximately 235km from Cape Town via Wellington/Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with approx 2,5km dirt road to the farm).