R 7 950 000
Stunning Game- and Rooibos Farm
Located in the most picturesque area of the Sandveld, this farm is simply stunning!
200+ Hectares are planted to Rooibos Tea, with the rest of the farm traversed by an incredible diversity of indigenous game (undisturbed for at least two decades), a flourishing herd of Eland, some Springbok and Black Wildebeest.
Fully fenced with 1.9m game fencing (12km), it’s a ‘dead-end’ farm, i.e. no thoroughfare, has an absolutely charming cottage built in 1890, a perennial spring with crystal clear water, its own mountain, a good network of 4x4 (or high clearance) roads, some Rock Art, approximately 100 newly planted Kalamata and Mission Olive trees, and it offers spectacular views – in every direction. Plus ... The land all but radiates absolute peace and tranquillity!
In short, a superb lifestyle farm which is at the point of earning a handsome income, and lends itself to development as an off-the-beaten-track weekend and holiday destination (should you be prepared to share it).
- Land Size: 755 Hectares – made up of 3 Title Deeds
- Cottage Size: Approximately 200m².
- Barn Size: 200m² (with rudimentary accommodation annexe).
- COTTAGE comprising: Lounge and dining room with enormous fireplace, kitchen, four bedrooms, three bathrooms, very large loft (can accommodate 10 single beds), undercover veranda, and pool (the latter needs attention).
- INDIGENOUS GAME on the farm: Steenbok, Duiker, Klipspringer, Aardvark, Honey Badger; Bat Eared Fox, Genet, Baboon, Hare, Porcupine, Mongoose, Caracal, African Wild Cat, Leopard (visits from time to time), Black Eagle, Owl, and a large variety of indigenous and migrant bird species.
- OTHER GAME: A herd of 20-25 Eland, some Springbok, three Black Wildebeest.
- Some fruit trees (pomegranate, fig, banana).
- ENERGY: Solar power and gas.
- WATER: Perennial Mountain spring (best water ever piped to the cottage).
- Earth dam – approximately 600m² and 3m deep – fed by the mountain spring - close to the cottage.
- Septic Tank (soak-away).
- Cell phone reception and internet available.
- Rates: R3 392 per annum.
- It is good to note that the recent drought did not affect the varied vegetation on this farm – none of the game had to be fed throughout this time and all are flourishing.
- No land claims or security issues.
- Indisputably - that farm in Africa which every nature lover dream of ...
- DISTANCES AND NEARBY ATTRACTIONS:
- 18km to Redelinghuys – known as the Potato Capital of South Africa with some beautiful old Victorian homes, and tremendous 4x4 trails just outside the town (also great for basic supplies).
- 46km to Elands Bay - Mecca to surfers and known as the ultimate ‘chill zone’ (various shops and hotel for those Sunday lunches while watching the enormous waves which challenge and delight every surfer).
- 55km to Piketberg (‘big’ shopping, a variety of restaurants, superb wine farm, farmers cooperative, etc).
- 70km to Lamberts Bay – the small fishing village which is connected to Bird Island – one of only six sites world-wide where the blue-eyed Cape Gannet breeds – a never to be forgotten sight – and it’s the only breeding site easily accessible to the public.
- Less than 100km will take you to the heart of the magnificent Cederberg Wilderness area to ‘another world’ of ancient mountains “burnt orange by iron oxide, which dominate the landscape. Jagged sandstone rock formations, like the Maltese Cross and the Wolfberg Arch, and ancient San and Khoi rock art”.
- 190km from Cape Town (only 12km dirt road to the farm).