A truly ‘you-cannot-go-wrong’ home or investment opportunity in this up-and-coming Artists’ Haven - surrounded by the exquisite beauty only Mother Nature can provide!
Light, bright, immaculate and lavish rural home and cottage with lovely mountain views, ‘live on’ veranda, a sparkling splash pool, extra-large garage, carport, irrigated garden and every other modern convenience!
Meticulously renovated, this property offers a foot in the door to tomorrow’s bustling creative community. Invest now, or simply step in, unpack your bags and realise your rural dream – in style.
Classy, with superb finishes and top-class equipment, it’s a wonderful abode for the young - or the not so young wanting to scale down. Also a tremendous addition to the investor’s portfolio, offering rental income from two lovely properties.
PORTERVILLE – still largely under-the-radar - at the foot of the magnificent Olifants River Mountains, is in one of the most picturesque areas in the Western Cape. Home to the rare Yellow Disa, the paragliding and hang gliding Mecca of Southern Africa, it also offers excellent medical care and schools, authentic restaurants and vibrant pubs, live music, craft markets, a Lawn Bowling Club and nearby wine estates (one fully organic). Also a superb golf course and the Porterville dam down the road – a short walk to both, accompanied by the mesmerizing call of the Fish Eagle ...
Only 4km outside Porterville you can hike past 22 Waterfalls, or in the world renowned Beaverlac in the mountains above the town (24km). Then the Groot Winterhoek Wilderness area (35km) – a World Heritage Site, mountain bike- and hiking trails to dramatic rock formations, ancient San and Khoi Rock Art sites, waterfalls and the biggest rock pools in South Africa. Alive with indigenous wildlife, birds and a plethora of pristine endemic plant species, it’s a soul-space-place!
Porterville also has one of the best run municipalities in the Western Cape, and fibre optic cable is expected to be fully laid on by mid-year.
- Erf Size: 934 m²
- Home – excluding veranda and stoep: 115.91m²
- Under cover front veranda: 41.37m²
- Back stoep: 23m²
- Cottage: 54.65m²
- Pergola-covered, tiled patio: 20m²
- Garage: 36.23m²
- Splash Pool with ‘Martini Seats’: 9m²
- Garden Shed/Wendy house: 7.30m² (4 m X 1.83 m)
- The property can be sold fully furnished and equipped at additional cost.
- MAIN HOUSE comprising open plan lounge, dining room with antique-style Megamaster fireplace and office area with built-in desk and cabinets. Fully fitted state-of-the-art kitchen with high-end appliances, two bedrooms, both with usable lofts and main en-suite with fully fitted walk-in closet. Two lovely bathrooms with modern fittings, glorious entertainment sized veranda and smaller back stoep.
- COTTAGE/STUDIO – freestanding with spacious open plan bedsitter, modern bathroom (shower only), fully fitted designer kitchen with top class appliances and built-in dining counter. Pergola-covered, tiled patio and separate access gate into the property with use of large shaded carport.
- SPECIAL FEATURES include high ceilings, large windows, air-conditioning (hot and cold) and easy to maintain ceramic floor tiles across the board. Two attics above the bedrooms. Kitchens and bathrooms with 20mm Caesarstone countertops, modern fittings and superb quality appliances. All windows fitted with modern, narrow venetian blinds. Two remote controlled gates providing independent access for house and cottage. Property under alarmed surveillance for added security.
- GARAGE – extra-large garage fully insulated, plumbed and wired with laundry area (washer, dryer and fold-away clothes line), workbench, an exercise chinning bar and freestanding shelving units.
- GARDEN AND POOL – garden fully irrigated with 11 indigenous Forest Elder trees around three years old (magnificent when mature), some beautiful shrubs, a selection of fruit trees - lemon, lime, orange, tangerine, pomegranate and passion fruit (granadilla) vines. The plunge-pool comes complete with ‘martini seats’ and fitted for shade cloth protection in the midday heat if needed.
- GARDEN SHED AND JO-JO TANKS - large, treated Wendy House for storage, and 3 x 5 000 litre Jo-Jo tanks for the capture of cost-saving rainwater.
- Rates: R833 per month excluding water usage, sewerage and refuse removal.
- 160km from Cape Town via the N1 and R44, and no security issues.