Enchanting weekend getaway set amongst the ancient and dramatic rock formations so characteristic of the striking beauty of the Cederberg Mountains.
Offering absolute privacy, tranquility, awe-inspiring views, a perennial river, off-the-grid living and much, much more.
A rare opportunity to own a piece of mountain magic, the cottage is one of six (only) shares in this superb 406 hectare Cederberg farm.
- Held in a CC, the share includes:
- 105m² Stone Cottage (sole ownership)
- 1ha Exclusive Use Area
- Part ownership of the rest of the farm - excluding 5 other exclusive use areas
- Agreement of Association available to interested parties.
- THE COTTAGE comprises of two units separated by an ‘open air workshop’ with storage facilities.
- Unit 1: Living area with gorgeous fireplace, fully fitted and equipped kitchen with gas stove, fridge and geyser, bedroom, full bathroom and veranda.
- Unit 2: Two double bed-sitters each with coffee making nook equipped with small gas burner, table and chairs, couches, full bathrooms with gas geysers, and both with separate entrances and verandas.
- THE EXCLUSIVE USE AREA:
- Sizable splash pool with pump and fittings
- Incredible elevated and natural entertainment area surrounded by rock 'sculptures', offering panoramic views, a built-in wood-burning oven for baking bread etc and Weber
- Small store-room
- Wendy House behind the cottage for storage of bikes etc
- Outside toilet & hand-basin
- Boules Court (French style bowling)
- Small enclosed veggie garden (not planted at present)
- Spray cooler and irrigation systems
- 3 Beehives (two with bees) and full beekeeper’s suit and equipment
- Sold fully furnished and equipped, you can move right in, with loads of extras to boot (generator, ladders etc) and absolutely no damp or other repairs necessary
- Spring Water (three storage tanks)
- Solar power – 12 watts for lights and additional 220 watt unit for hairdryer etc
- MTN Cell reception.
- LEVY: R835.00 per month. Includes rates, road and firebreak maintenance on the farm, water system maintenance, water usage, insurance (public liability only), Auditor’s fees, Fire Protection levy, replacement of pipes and equipment/spares as and when needed.
- THE FARM offers absolute peace and tranquility, a perennial river with a gazebo at one of the glorious swimming holes, relaxing meanders in the mountains with not another soul in sight, hiking, climbing, rock climbing, cycling along the paths and fire-breaks, identifying the wide variety of fynbos in season, swimming in crystal clear river pools.
- Last but not least, if out and about you will spot some indigenous game including four species of small antelope; Klipspringer, Grey Rhebok, Common Duiker and Cape Grysbok. If lucky, you may even see the spoor of a Cape Leopard – also known as the ‘soul of the Cederberg’.
- A truly idyllic retreat for the ardent nature/mountain lover!
- 207km from Cape Town via N7/Citrusdal (with approx 25km dirt road over the scenic Middelberg Pass) or 235km from Cape Town via Ceres/Op-Die-Berg (with 3,5km dirt road to the farm).
- No land claims and no security issues.