Lovely, well maintained three bedroom home (143m²) situated on the edge of this peaceful village. Think space – Erf 1228m², high ceilings, fireplace, air-conditioning, two verandas to ‘live on’, attic, birdsong in a gloriously lush garden with Lapa, pool and fish/lily pond, double garage and a large motor home carport.
Ponder blissful, authentic country living, unobstructed views of majestic mountains and endless and ever-changing farmlands, golf course along the road, good restaurants, excellent medical care and school (primary and high school – much sought after), nearby World Heritage Site with pristine nature and San Art, the call of the magnificent Fish Eagle, the rare Disa Uniflora, outdoor activities and history!
Or contemplate a lovely peaceful retirement home in one of the best run towns in the Western Cape. Or … make a ‘you-cannot-go-wrong’ investment in this up and coming Artists’ Haven - Porterville.
The Porterville Municipality was judged to be the third best in the country during the 2016 survey.
An opportunity not to be missed. The current owners made countless improvements to the entire property (since 2011) which will not be recovered in the asking price – rand for rand value, and another genuine bargain proudly offered by Country & Coastal Properties.
- North facing homestead: 142.50m² (the old section of the house existed already in 1905 when the erf was sub-divided from one of the original farms "Pamona")
- Erf size: 1228m²
- Covered Veranda – North facing: 19.17m²
- Second large South facing Veranda with creeper covered pergola and built-in braai
- Thatched Lapa with toilet and cold shower: 54m²
- Double Garage: 53.11m² (incorporating air-conditioned workshop)
- Car Port at garage
- Gated Motor Home Carport: 39.23m²
- DESCRIPTION OF HOMESTEAD:
- Lounge: with fireplace, air-conditioning, genuine sash windows and Oregon ceilings.
- Spacious fully fitted kitchen with air-conditioning, oven & hob, and sliding door to the creeper covered pergola covering the South-facing veranda.
- Laundry/Scullery off kitchen
- Spacious family bathroom with recently installed solar geyser and Geyserwise controller.
- Three bedrooms - main bedroom large with enough space to add on en-suite bathroom if required, with air-conditioning, ceiling fan and mock sash windows. Bedroom adjoining the lounge has genuine sash windows. Second bedroom with ceiling fan – both generously proportioned.
- Large attic accessed via an outside staircase - it is the length and width of the oldest part of the house, and stretches over the Lounge, adjoining Bedroom, and Passage – approximately 10.5 metres long by 4.5 metres wide. Great storage space with four tiny windows and a security gate with gauze screen for door to be left open in summer to keep the house cooler. The current owners also insulated this part of the roof as well as the roof section over the other bedrooms.
- Other than specified, the homestead has cottage-pane windows, all floors are tiled except for the bedrooms which are carpeted.
- Gorgeous fully irrigated lush garden with thatched Lapa, pool and fish/lily pond. The Lapa faces East, overlooking the pool, garden and mountains.
- Rates: R757.00 per month.
- No security/crime issues.
- Reason for selling: Moving to Still Bay West where they are to facilitate certain activities/commitments – following their Heartsong.
- Transfer/occupation: 1 February 2018.