Charming stone cottage 3km outside the equally enthralling hamlet of Scarborough with its vibrant community, laid-back restaurants, markets, the Scarborough Fair and breathtakingly beautiful azure beach (surfer’s paradise).
Set on 1400m² in an enchanting garden flanked by hills and nature, it's the most glorious abode for those seeking rural bliss, nature lovers, artists, authors and even the part-time or wannabe hermits among us – close to our magnificent Mother City. Also a perfect, peaceful weekend/holiday retreat.
Unquestionably a unique opportunity and property – on the market for the first time in quarter of a century!
BONUS: Wonderful non-intrusive neighbours of 25 years standing guaranteed.
- LAND SIZE: 1400m² (undivided third share of 1.351ha smallholding zoned Agriculture).
- COTTAGE – 115m² with thick stone walls, rustic fittings, plentiful windows to let ‘the outside in’, wood and Spaanse Riet ceilings, comprising; Large open plan lounge/dining room with fireplace and marvellous wood-burning stove (hand-crafted from a 9kg gas bottle), kitchen (also open plan), separate scullery/pantry, two bedrooms (second bedroom a small wooden extension), one incredibly quaint little bathroom, separate toilet, and veranda.
- GARDEN: Enchanting established water-wise front garden where a huge old Yellow Wood tree stands as an imposing sentinel guarding over the cottage, delightful entertainment and/or meditation ‘pit’ and the rest of the lovely easy to maintain garden with a host of established trees, shrubs – and birds!
- The bulk of the land is behind the cottage – ready and waiting for a self-sustainable veggie garden, fruit trees or - what you will ...
- Municipal water (borehole for irrigation very feasible – high water table), municipal refuse removal, septic tank and Eskom power.
- No land claims.
- IN AND AROUND THE AREA: On the doorstep of the adjoining Table Mountain National Park offering delightful hikes (or strolls) in a vast stretch of nature, 3km to b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Scarborough beach, 11km to the Harbour Bay Shopping Centre to meet your every household need, 13km to historic Simon’s Town, its military harbour, numerous restaurants to choose from and all manner of eclectic little shops, 15km to Boulders Beach with its world renowned penguin colony, 19km to delightful Kalk Bay – voted one of the ‘coolest neighbourhoods in the world’ - with its colourful fishing harbour, unique theatre, delectable restaurants and alluring shops, 25km to Cape Point and the local Ostrich Farm. And not to speak of the countless ‘hidden’ delights, traders, scenic ‘uncluttered’ drives, beaches, etc, etc, etc in between – discover serendipity around every corner – all on offer with the captivating authenticity and hospitality of the people of the Deep South!
- 47km to Cape Town CBD, 50km to V & A Waterfront, and 55km to Cape Town International Airport.