A rare opportunity to own a 261ha farm on Piket-Bo-Berg with 100ha arable land where everything grows – 20ha irrigated. PLUS ... Approximately 160ha of glorious mountainous land just waiting to be developed as a Mountain Retreat.
With spectacular views, Fynbos, indigenous birds, wildlife, seasonal streams and waterfalls, a once in a lifetime opportunity to farm – very productively - with more than enough land for a mountain sanctuary with hiking trails et al.
- Size: 261,34ha (100ha arable land of which 20ha is irrigated, and approx 160ha mountainous).
- 3 x Dams: 1 x 8 000m³ - 1 x 12 000m³ and 1 x 49 900m³.
- 2 x Boreholes: Deliver 3 000 litres and 3 500 litres per hour respectively – excellent quality.
- 3 x camps (currently also small scale sheep farming).
- 2 x sheds: 1 x 465m² with 45m² lean-to and 1 x 176m².
- Arable land planted annually – currently Lupins, Serradella, Oats and Canola (harvest not included in price).
- Zucchini’s also grown most years (very successfully and profitably).
- Almost anything will grow in this incredibly fertile soil - fruit trees, protea/Fynbos, nuts, olives etc.
- OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
- Farmhouse: 205m², comprising open plan dining/lounge/breakfast nook with gorgeous views, fitted kitchen, pantry, scullery, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and double garage.
- 5 x Labourers cottages all with electricity and bathrooms (no resident labour) – total size 345m² - some maintenance and hot water geysers needed.
- Three phase electricity.
- Landline and intermittent cell reception.
- 26km from Piketberg and 152km from Cape Town.
- No crime or land claims.
- PLEASE NOTE: OWNER IS VAT REGISTERED. CAN BE SOLD AS A GOING CONCERN. If not purchased by a VAT registered entity, VAT instead of Transfer Duty will be payable.