Situated high up on the mountainside in the beautiful historic Bainskloof Pass, this gloriously rustic and spacious two bedroom cottage, surrounded by breath-taking scenery, indigenous fauna and flora, is waiting to be snapped up.
Part of a stunning 660ha Private Nature Reserve, it’s a comfortable base, in picture-perfect surrounds, from which nature lovers can swim or canoe down the river (about a kilometre below the cottage), cycle and hike in the mountains, explore Rock Art sites, or spend their time identifying around 1300 species of Fynbos and animal spoor!
Or simply relax and rejuvenate body and soul before returning to the hustle and bustle of the City. Or, getaway and stay!
An ideal mountain retreat, only one and a half hours from Cape Town, and a stone’s throw away from a number of top-class Wine Estates for that scrumptious Sunday Lunch!
- Cottage: 160m² (East facing)
- Land Size: 1.6 hectares (freehold with Home Owners Association)
- COTTAGE comprising two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms, one with the most incredible ‘view shower’, the other with bath. Large lounge and dining area with gorgeous open fireplace – also great for indoor cooking. Fitted kitchen with beautiful solid laminated wood counters, two open loft areas, one perfect for a small office, and glorious ‘live-on’ deck with spectacular views all round.
- Living area with stackable glass doors which open up to fully 'merge' indoors with the beautiful surrounds, and enjoy cool summer breezes.
- Wooden floors throughout.
- Levy: R602 per month.
- Rates: R695 per month.
- THE RESERVE OFFERS: Swimming, canoeing, two hiking trails, rock-art sites, a wide variety of Fynbos, plentiful birdlife and small indigenous wildlife. Longer hiking- and mountain bike trails in Bainskloof itself, and some top-class Wine Estates in the Breede River & Slanghoek Valley.
- All in all an ideal mountain getaway 28km from Wellington, 34 from Worcester and 120km from Cape Town. Accessible by sedan – tar road up to the reserve and concrete strip with short dirt track to the cottage.