Only 2km outside Scarborough, this magical smallholding is situated in a safe, private and gorgeous valley on 2.75 hectares of land.
Unique as unique can be, it's surrounded by hills, indigenous fauna and flora, featuring a one-of-a-kind bohemian abode, a second Karoo style cottage, wooden bedsitter on stilts, dam, seasonal stream, plus, plus, plus – see detail below.
An ideal ‘restore your soul’ income generating retreat or family compound with room for expansion - on the doorstep of the Mother City.
- Land size: 2.75 hectares
- House: 206m²
- Cottage: 46m²
- Wooden Cabin on stilts: Approx 36m²
- MAIN HOUSE: Extended and fully renovated stone cottage consisting of covered and tiled stoep with shoe boxes and coat hooks, large entrance/exhibition hall (opened up section of old stone cottage), open plan lounge (with wood-burning stove), dining area and kitchen, separate pantry, small office, three bedrooms (main with walk-in closet), one bathroom (with composting toilet – can be converted to septic tank system if required).
- Flooring: Main bedroom with earth floor finished with beeswax and linseed oil, kitchen and dining area slate tiles and the rest cement with some beautiful inlays.
- COTTAGE (wooden floors): Gum substructure base, treated Pine structure clad with ply and then tin sheets, consisting of open plan lounge (with wood-burning stove) and kitchen with lovely wooden counters and finishes, one bedroom, one bathroom, office (or small second bedroom), delightful partially enclosed veranda, and small Wendy house for storage. (Cottage currently let out for R7 000 per month.)
- ‘WENDY ON STILTS’: Essentially a bachelor pad with view deck and bathroom (latter built on outside).
- OFFICE BLOCK/STORAGE/LAUNDRY: Two containers with Blue Gum extension, industrial warehouse shelving, water and electricity.
- Two sheds (one open).
- Organic Veggie- and Herb gardens (drip irrigation).
- Water: Seasonal stream, dam holding approximately 1.5 million litres when full. Winter stream delivers between half-, and one million litres daily. Artesian well linked to drip irrigation, outdoor taps and house for washing etc. Well water has been tested – low in iron, but not fit for human consumption without a UV filtration system installed (approx R9 000). 5 000 litre water storage tank. Municipal water for drinking and cooking.
- Eskom Power and Municipal refuse removal.
- Birds and wildlife: Wide variety of birds including Owls and Herons, Mongoose, Porcupine, Genet, small buck species, etc (Cape Nature borders the property on one side.)
- A variety of Fynbos with Watsonia all but covering the hill behind the dam in season.
- Gorgeous informal ’wild’ garden with trees, aloes etc.
- Rates: R1 427 per month.
- No security/crime issues or land claims.
- Zoned Agricultural - room for expansion.
- 2km from Scarborough beach and village - 47km from Cape Town CBD.