This beautiful undeveloped farm offers ‘wall to wall’ wilderness, 2km Doring River frontage, imposing rock formations, incredible vistas, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, swimming, canoeing, indigenous wildlife (also spoor identification and tracking), star gazing in dark infinite skies, and peace and tranquillity - as only mother nature can provide.
Add to the above, home range of the elusive and shy Cape Leopard, raptors such as the regal Black Eagle, Rock Kestrel and Jackal Buzzard, and Nature/Cederberg lovers can rightly exclaim ... Paradise Found!
Approximately 20km from the Pakhuis Pass – 60km North of Clanwilliam - this exceptional 426ha farm offers everything mountain/wilderness retreats are made of ...
Priced to sell, the adjoining farm (927ha with the seasonal Brandewyn River running through it) can also be bought if more soul-space is required. Price for combined sale (two titles - 1353 hectares), R4 600 000 (excluding VAT).
PLEASE NOTE: Price of listed farm also excludes VAT.
- Farm size: 426ha
- 2km Doring River frontage (perennial river - part of the Olifants River system).
- No improvements other than the access road leading to the top of the mountain (high clearance vehicle required for access road – rest of the farm 4x4 needed).
- Average rainfall: 180mm per annum.
- Approximately 40ha arable land (area suitable for Olives and Rooibos Tea).
- Household water (also for garden if required) from the river, and drinking water from artesian well (crystal clear).
- No electricity – off the grid solar or wind turbines to be used.
- Intermittent cell reception and no Telkom lines nearby.
- Plentiful stone available on the farm to build your mountain abode.
- Rates: R109 per month.
- Absolutely no security/crime issues and no land restitution claims.
- NEARBY ACTIVITIES: Numerous short and overnight hikes to choose from (from a few hours to 3/4 days and longer) starting at the Pakhuis Pass and Wupperthal, Donkey Cart rides over the Pakhuis Pass ( Wupperthal), rock climbing, seasonal river rafting and canoeing, spa, scenic plane flights across the Cederberg (Wupperthal), the spectacular Bushman’s Cave Amphitheatre on the farm Oude Muur where popular artists perform periodically, some of the best preserved rock art can be seen, and also offering wonderful meals prepared in the outdoor kitchen, plus abseiling - by prior arrangement - and 4x4 trails. Booking essential for all activities at the Amphitheatre. Then there’s the game farm across the river with wildlife, such as Eland, visiting the farm - regularly.
- All in all a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity waiting to be snapped up, but ... Don’t delay, this farm is truly a nature lover’s nirvana!
- 60km North of Clanwilliam and 302km from Cape Town, with approximately 40km well maintained dirt road included.