For the nature lover, searching for ‘something different’, serendipity found! A secluded and private 400 hectare tract of undeveloped land, hidden amongst those atypical Koue Bokkeveld mountains ... With its peculiar ‘moonscapes’ set against a backdrop of imposing Cederberg mountains, it can only be described as unique! Also offering crystal clear water from perennial mountain springs, rock pools, indigenous wild- and birdlife, and an ambience second to none, just one warning ... Don’t miss out!
In a word, this piece of African splendour is - priceless ...
A striking combination of Skurweberg Mountains (translated Rough Mountains), rocky hills and outcrops dominate the landscape around a secluded plateau, where a few hectares of land is arable – more than enough for self-sustainable living.
And then ... Three mountain springs converge into a strong flowing stream running down the mountains and through the farm - even in this drought, and en route, into at least five glorious rock pools with crystal clear water.
An opportunity second to none – as a lifestyle farm, secluded weekend haven, off the beaten track tourist destination, or a 4 x 4 retreat.
THE FARM OFFERS:
- 400.3 hectares (basically undeveloped).
- Small cottage dating back to the 1800’s with those characteristic thick walls which needs extensive renovation – owner started building on a bathroom and replaced the roof sheets - as can be seen from the photos.
- A dam close to the cottage in a natural catchment area and fed by the perennial stream (river in winter - overflow wall needs to be repaired) - big enough to paddle on, and a smaller pond next to the cottage – latter will have to be sealed or a pipe laid on from the stream.
- Some fascinating stone and mud ruins presumably dating back to the same era (1800’s), one of which alongside the stream/river where the springs converge.
- At least five rock pools – a couple big enough to swim in.
- Incredible landscapes where glorious hiking/mountain bike trails and walks can be developed – currently some rough 4 x 4 tracks. Very clear and easy to see where to develop these after the fire and also some excess plants now easy to remove alongside the stream - to facilitate an even better flow.
- Indigenous small wildlife (no fences), birdlife and indigenous vegetation, including masses of Protea and Fynbos which will regenerate soon enough. Very few aliens (Blue Gums).
- Clear skies with no ambient light pollution for some of the best star gazing around.
- Rates: R790 per annum.
- Approximately 1km access road suitable for high clearance vehicle or 4 x 4 only (also needed for current farm tracks).
- No land restitution claims.
- 32km from Op-Die-Berg, 77km from Ceres and 217km from Cape Town.
- Another rare find and a truly exceptional property proudly offered by Country & Coastal Properties.