This distinctive property affords a lifestyle of splendour surrounded by nature - away from it all - with every creature comfort, yet minutes away from all manner of desirable entertainment, necessities and adventure.
In summary, it offers a piece of Africa’s Eden, and an extraordinary ‘winner takes all’ opportunity.
The photos (alone) cannot reveal the value, style, Austrian precision and quality of this bright, airy and easy to maintain home, so do take the time to read the detail below.
Rare, rand-for-rand value, immaculate, elegant North-facing home with panoramic views, superb finishes, a beautiful lush garden, and every convenience a home owner can ask for.
Set on 4285m² freehold land in a 25 hectare exclusive, gated and elevated private Nature Reserve / Eco Estate with only 25 units, this property presents nature, peace and tranquility at its finest - a mere a stone’s throw away from the bustling cosmopolitan hub of Knysna. The town of history and arts – in the heart of the world renowned Garden Route with the mildest climate in the world - second only to a town in Hawaii.
An ideal permanent address, holiday home or investment (rental income R18 000 – R22 000 per month) in one of the most picturesque rural towns in the Western Cape.
Surrounded by unparalleled landscapes - majestic mountains, the Indian Ocean, South Africa’s largest indigenous forests (80 000ha), lagoons, rivers, a rich diversity of bird-life and numerous unique, rare and protected animal species – paradise found.
Knysna also provides superb golf courses such as Jack Nicklaus’s signature Simola, excellent medical care (advanced surgical centre and private hospital), first-class schools and college, top rated restaurants, interesting shops and markets, exciting festivals, cultural literary events, its own Mardi Gras, hiking, mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, the best mountain biking trails in the country, paragliding, scuba diving, Whale watching, boat excursions, etc – the best of the best of outdoor living, nature conservation and exploration.
All in all, Knysna presents the epitome of geographical splendour, and provides a veritable year-round celebration of life, adventure, sport, arts, culture and nature.
- Home: 350m² (can be extended by approximately 50m²).
- Plot: 4285m² (1 000m² can be fenced – small portion fenced currently).
- SPECIAL INDOOR FEATURES (included): Central vacuum system, 12kw heat pump - water to air - central heating system (most economical), 40mm Aerolite roof insulation, tiled roof (Watson Shingle Roof Slate), genuine Beechwood flooring in living areas (excluding bedrooms, bathrooms and scullery), 200-year-old Yellowwood beams reclaimed from an old Karoo farmhouse, other Yellowwood fittings, sash windows - most with shutters, window seats in breakfast nook with gorgeous views, custom-made kitchen cupboards by A-Z Kitchens in Johannesburg, glass tiled wall features incorporated to allow maximum light, double-sided fireplace, North- and South-facing under-cover and paved patios (South-facing glass enclosed), upstairs glass enclosed balcony, alarm system, large safe, three phase electricity and 4KVA generator.
- The three superb handcrafted light fittings, Cherry Wood wall unit, garage shelving, ceiling fans, and satellite dish can be negotiated. Some potted Cycads, other than those established in the garden (which are included in the sale), could also possibly be negotiated - if too heavy/awkward to transport.
- SPECIAL OUTDOOR FEATURES: Elevated position with panoramic views across the famed, iconic ‘sentinels’ – the Knysna Heads – the Knysna Lagoon and Indian Ocean (can never be obstructed by construction).
- Gloriously lush and established garden with water features, lawns, a variety of magnificent trees, shrubs, Protea trees, six established Cycads, resident Knysna Loeries and Yellow Billed Ducks, numerous other bird species, visiting buck and other indigenous wildlife that share the Estate. Only approximately 1 000m² of the garden needs maintenance – the rest is undisturbed Fynbos.
- Rainwater collection connected to automated sprinkler system.
- Bonus – the same self-motivated and reliable gardener/handyman/painter has been helping out at this delightful property for 17 years.
- Various private walking paths ranging from 20 minute walks to two hour hikes, right down to the Knysna River.
- CONVENIENCES: Resident Estate Manager, walking distance to Oakhill sports ground and proposed new School, 5 to 8 minutes’ drive from Estate gate to Knysna CBD.
- INDIVIDUAL ROOM DESCRIPTION:
- Living room - spacious double volume lounge with double-sided fireplace (open to dining room), Beechwood floors and lovely lagoon views with French doors opening up to North-facing patio, providing front row seats to spectacular winter sunsets.
- Dining room: Separate dining room with Beechwood floors (and double sided fireplace).
- Master bedroom (upstairs): Large, carpeted, with lovely lagoon views, his-and-hers bathrooms (tiled) en suite - one with bath and bidet, the other with shower - and a generous walk-in dressing room – all with shuttered windows.
- Study/Second Bedroom (upstairs): Extra large carpeted room, currently dual purpose – can easily be divided - with double doors leading to enclosed balcony.
- Third Bedroom (downstairs): En-suite guest bedroom (tiled), with shuttered windows and separate entrance leading to garden.
- Roomy Hallway/Gallery: Beechwood flooring.
- Kitchen: Ample kitchen cupboards custom-made by A-Z Kitchens in Johannesburg, marble top counters, centre island, oven, hob and extractor fan.
- Breakfast nook: With window seats and glorious views.
- Scullery: Separate, tiled, spacious scullery/laundry with shuttered windows (sliding door separates from kitchen).
- Linen Room: Can easily be converted to additional bathroom.
- Patios: North- and South-facing, paved and both under cover. South-facing patio glass enclosed with views across the Lagoon.
- Double garage: Automated door, ample shelving and direct access to home.
- Double under-cover carport.
- Levy: R500.00 per month includes public liability insurance, road and estate maintenance.
- Rates: R1 706.00 per month – full municipal services.
- Two Telkom lines, excellent cell reception and internet.
- Owner built and loved this home for 18 years – now retired and bought a smaller retirement home – in Knysna of course.