Set amongst rolling hills akin to the beautiful landscape of Tuscany, an immaculate Karoo-style cottage, classy lodge tent, stables, post and rail paddock, ostrich camp, chicken coop, Olive trees and delightful water features. Add to that hectare upon hectare of unsploit African soil, peace and total privacy, and come and live your rural dream in safe and magnificent surrounds.
Beautifully furnished and equipped, sold lock stock and barrel, including horses, Ostrich and chickens, you can step right in, fill your lungs with fresh country air, have a dip in the splash pool or start the fire, and relax …
This exclusive Nature Reserve - 506ha - is held in a company, and the 20% share for sale (5 shareholders only) includes the following:
- Cottage: 120m²
- Deck excluding pool: 108m²
- Storeroom below cottage: 48m²
- Lodge Tent: 43m²
- A-frame Tent: 12m²
- Stables x 4: 9m² (each)
- Post and rail paddock: 1000m²
- Land: 209ha
- THE COTTAGE: 120m², consists of a fully equipped and delightful country kitchen, spacious open plan living area with double sided fireplace – leading to the undercover ‘live on’ veranda and splash pool, two en suite bedrooms both with full bathrooms (main large) and double doors opening onto the veranda, pantry and storage under the veranda and glorious entertainment area with built-in seats next to the veranda.
- OTHER IMPROVEMENTS: Lodge tent: 3,6 x 12m with kitchen, bathroom and veranda - furnished, Frame tent: 3 x 4m - furnished, 4 stables, post and rail paddock and lunging ring, ostrich camp, 2 x chicken coops, 2 x Wendy Houses, Olive Trees, veggie garden (often shared with indigenous nocturnal and feathered critters mentioned below) and lovely Koi pond/waterhole.
- THE 209 EXCLUSIVE USE LAND offers two farm dams, 2 operational boreholes (a third for emergency), a variety of indigenous game such as Duiker, Porcupine, Mongoose, Genet, African Wild Cat, Caracal, Tortoises etc (no baboon), an abundance of bird-life, rolling hills and valleys, unspoilt Renosterveld as far as the eye can see (no invaders), a veritable kaleidoscope of flowers in season, and hiking, riding and biking trails.
- The privileged few may even spot a Cape Leopard or find their spoor, as the reserve forms part of their natural corridor - between the Riviersonderend- and Langeberg Mountains.
- FARM ANIMALS: 2 horses - Arab cross Boerperd, 3 Ostrich and chickens.
- WATER & ELECTRICITY: Water for drinking, cooking and ice from 3 x 5,000l rainwater tanks at the cottage, 1 x 5,000l tank at the stables, plus rainwater storage in a 15,000l reservoir below the veranda - total rainwater storage capacity 35,000l. Two very strong boreholes for all other water needs. Solar pumps for boreholes pump to 3 x 5,000l storage tanks on hill, then gravity fed to pool, 60,000l cement dam, bathrooms, and overflow to Koi Pond/waterhole. Electricity at cottage from a powerful (3,000W) Solar System which powers lights and appliances, including washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge, TV, computers etc – gas stove.
- OTHER: The farm is sold as is, i.e. all accommodation fully furnished and equipped (owner emigrating - only personal items will be removed). Gardening tools and equipment, double quad trailer, water-car, etc, etc, etc - also included.
- As with all nature reserves, no commercial farming allowed, but each shareholder has 1ha set aside for self-sustainable farming, which is encouraged.
- LEVY: R850 per month includes Rates, road maintenance, public liability insurance, caretaker’s wages (currently 1 day only and resident on the Estate) and Auditors’ fees.
- 10km from Robertson, 17km from McGregor and 170km from Cape Town.
- No safety issues and no land claims, AND value unquestionable.
- Step right in and live the good life!