Ever wanted to keep your family and/or friends close? To create your own self-sustainable ‘community’ in a serene and scenic country setting?
If so, look no further than this idyllic 20 hectare farm 6km outside the vibrant town of Villiersdorp, a stone’s throw away from the Theewaterskloof dam and nestled amongst glorious mountainous surrounds.
Offering a gorgeous farmhouse plus five cottages and so much more, this is an extraordinary opportunity!
Also imminently suitable as a permanent team-building venue, work from home business hub, retreat, or guest farm.
Price excludes VAT - can be bought as a Going Concern or in a VAT entity (the latter with nil VAT rating or claim back VAT).
- Land size: 20.5888 hectares.
- Arable land: Approximately 10 hectares (currently used as paddocks - also great for water-wise tunnels with Blue Berries etc).
- Zoned: Agriculture 1.
- Consent Use: Tourism and Riding School.
- FARMHOUSE: 224m², comprising beautifully restored and extended original farmhouse with thick walls, high ceilings, exposed rafters, some original wooden floors, lounge with fireplace, dining room, large fully fitted kitchen, separate laundry, office/hobby/TV room, four bedrooms, and four bathrooms. The gorgeous spacious main bedroom with stunning original fireplace and large en suite, second spacious en suite bedroom opens up to patio and garden, third en suite bedroom a ‘granny pad’ with kitchen nook for coffee making etc opens up to side veranda and garden, and fourth small en suite bedroom with separate entrance. Added to this, a veranda overlooking the large exquisite garden (as per glossy magazines) with a myriad of shrubs, roses, flowers and birds, birds, birds - including the busy and strikingly beautiful Paradise Flycatcher, a variety of large shade trees – amongst which a 200yr old Pear Tree and magnificent ancient Cork Oak. In the garden a 12m heated swimming pool, two braai areas, Wendy House for garden tools, and delightful fish pond, plus a very productive veggie garden (at the back of the house).
- COTTAGE 1 (Vat Garden) - 87m² Semi-detached cottage offers dual living – one section quaint/alternative (built from enormous cement wine vats). Comprising 2 x bedrooms, 1 x bathroom, open plan kitchenette/dining room/lounge and veranda. The other section open plan bedroom/kitchenette/dining room/lounge (bedsitter) and 1 x bathroom.
- COTTAGE 2 (Sparrow) 58m² Gorgeous private setting with beautiful mountain views, with approximately 400m² fenced off for dogs (rudimentary fencing), comprising lounge/dining area, small kitchen, 3 x small bedrooms, 3 x bathrooms (with showers) and veranda.
- COTTAGE 3 (Crooked Corner): 102m² Semi-detached interleading cottage. One section currently used as a beautiful spacious bedsitter (bedroom/kitchenette/lounge), lovely bathroom with corner bath and veranda. The other comprising large living room with built-in cupboards (can be additional bedroom), kitchenette, bedroom, two bathrooms with showers and veranda.
- COTTAGE 4 (Ouma): 64m² - wheelchair friendly. Consists of open plan kitchenette/dining room/lounge, 2 x bedrooms with built-in cupboards, 1.5 bathroom (shower), veranda and 25m² garage with toilet, hand basin and plumbing for washing machine (garage currently converted and used as a lecture room).
- COTTAGE 5 (Granny): 100m² Gorgeous views, fenced off section for dogs, lovely private setting comprising lounge/dining area with fireplace, small kitchen, 2 x bedrooms, 2 x bathrooms, veranda and carport.
- LABOURERS COTTAGE (Figtree): Rudimentary structure of 78m² comprising 2 x bedrooms, 2 x bathrooms with showers, open plan kitchen/dining room/lounge with fireplace and veranda (great position with lovely views).
- EQUESTRIAN FACILITIES (can be converted to ‘all sorts’ if not used for horses).
- Stable block with six large stables (converted historic building with thick walls), wash bay, feed room and 60m² tack room with kitchenette, toilet, basin and washing machine for horse blankets.
- Block of two old cement stables with potential feed/tack room in between (or additional stable instead). Paved entrance with ‘afdak’ and walled ‘kraal’ structure at the back. Not in use currently.
- Eleven large wooden stables with cement floors (spread around, i.e. not a ‘block’ of stables).
- Five stables with wood partitions in corrugated iron shed – cement floors.
- Fully equipped arena for jumping (grass) and dressage arena (sand) – both standard sizes.
- Two lunging rings - one with double rails for teaching.
- Six large irrigated paddocks – approximately 7ha (currently under Kikuyu for horses).
- Farm shed – corrugated iron with cement floor – currently used as storage for 2000 bales of hay.
- Ground dam at entrance.
- Farm dam on the mountainside (with Waterblommetjies) – registered for 1 404m³ - fed by a spring which runs when the water table is high.
- Borehole – registered for 40 954m³
- Spring with crystal clear water.
- Eskom power.
- Internet Service provider: Breedenet.
- VOIP phone.
- Rates: Approx R1 400 per annum.
- Septic tank with soak-away for each dwelling, and lawns and gardens at each cottage.
- A variety of farm implements included in sale.
- No land claims and no security issues.
- NEARBY AMENITIES: Excellent Vet and doctors in Villiersdorp (6km), superb hospital in Worcester (48km), and large mall for ‘serious shopping’ in Worcester (48km), although all and sundry available in delightful Villiersdorp.
- VILLIERSDORP – the ‘dorp’ on the other end of the Franschhoek Pass “built on heritage and community-fostered hospitality” offers everything from survival courses, art studios, art- and photography courses, museums (including the fascinating Tractor Museum), markets, festivals, hiking-, mountain biking- and 4x4 trails, wine tasting, delightful eateries, the Helderstroom Alpacas, a nine-hole golf course, the Theewater Sports Club (for every imaginable water sport, regattas etc), nature reserves and more!
- The property is situated 6km from Villiersdorp, 28km from Franschhoek, 48km from Worcester, 65km from Somerset West and 110km from Cape Town.