Unique architecturally designed home, elevated above the glorious Bushman’s River, in a secure 110ha Nature Reserve, almost fully off the grid, surrounded by pristine Eastern Cape Coastal vegetation alive with wildlife and a plethora of birdlife - including Fish Eagles, a variety of Raptors and Owls.
A dream realised for those yearning to settle amidst Mother Nature’s bountiful beauty – in style!
With superior finishes, panoramic views, superb stonework, indigenous garden, manager’s cottage, large double garage, studio, rim-flow pool, Jacuzzi, wind protected outdoor entertainment areas, direct river access, private jetties in the estate, and more. …
This piece of African splendour is a stone’s throw away from any and all creature comforts, Kenton-on-Sea’s endless Blue Flag and ‘secret’ beaches, delectable eateries, hiking trials, all manner of water sport, and a 15 minute drive to a variety of Malaria-free Game Reserves.
An exceptional riverside country abode for permanent living, or luxurious holiday home for the extended family, and/or blue-chip investment property (let out to weekenders and tourists).
DETAIL/SIZES OF INFRASTRUCTURE LISTED, WITH MORE INFO BELOW:
- Land size: 1.1ha (11 000m²)
- Homestead: 423m²
- Veranda & Deck: 326m² (under cover veranda section 32m²).
- Separate Studio/4th Bedroom suite: 40m²
- Cottage: 90m²
- Rim-flow pool: 3.5m x 11m
- Jacuzzi – heated.
- Pizzeria: Approximately 36m²
- Pottery shed: Approximately 20m²
- Double garage: 54m² and 64m² respectively.
- Boatshed/carport: 60m²
- Additional carport: 30m²
- Game Boma
- Fire pit Lapa
- Garden Shed
- Game included in the sale: 14 x Impala and 14 x Nyala (that roam the estate with the indigenous wildlife).
- Option to buy fully furnished and equipped (at additional cost).
- Some outdoor furniture, garden tools and equipment included in sale.
- THE NORTH FACING HOMESTEAD comprises spacious air-conditioned living room with fireplace, built-in bar and floor to ceiling glass stacking doors leading to covered entertainment veranda with built-in braai, built-in bar, pool and deck. Library. Fully fitted gourmet kitchen with top-notch appliances and finishes with separate scullery. Three spacious en suite bedrooms, all with fireplaces, doors leading to deck, and main bedroom with lounge area, his/hers dressing rooms and stacking doors leading to deck with Jacuzzi.
- SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE: Sandstone and Teak flooring, under floor heating, air-conditioners, ceiling fans, wood burning fireplaces, some hand-crafted chandeliers, LED lighting throughout, walk-in safe, built-in TV’s, in- and outdoor sound systems, DSTV, Wi-Fi, built-in kitchen appliances, expertly crafted stone-work inside and out, Malaysian Balau decking and private outdoor showers.
- SEPARATE STUDIO/4TH EN SUITE BEDROOM adjoining the homestead with open fireplace and private deck.
- MANAGER’S COTTAGE: Lounge with fireplace, small kitchen, one bedroom with dual walk-in closets, bathroom, Wi-Fi and DSTV.
- PIZZERIA with beautiful stonework, fully equipped with built-in Pizza oven, wood storage, entertainment sized table and chairs and additional built-in seating.
- BOATSHED plus undercover guest parking for four vehicles.
- LAPA with fire-pit for fireside fun, listening to the nocturnal birds and animals, and stargazing.
- POTTERY SHED – with fitted shelving, pottery wheel and kiln.
- DOUBLE GARAGE - with sufficient height for 4x4 vehicles.
- SEPTIC TANK – soakaway (no pumping required).
- ELECTRICITY - brand new Solar system – 28 panels – 15 KVA 3-phase dual inverter with 3 x lithium batteries which brought about an 85% saving on the monthly Eskom bill and no load shedding issues. A small additional investment can take the property off the grid entirely.
- WATER dual interchangeable filter system connected to 100 000l rainwater storage and a further 100 000l spring water storage system (no water shortage throughout the recent drought).
- ESTATE & RIVER – the delightful Bushmans River is navigable from private Estate Jetties for about 28km upstream, or cruise to the beach on the river-mouth side. Surrounding the river are a number of Big 5 game farms with lots of game to be spotted from this enticing waterway! The Estate also offers a private bird hide at the dam, a communal Lapa with braai facilities, a small kitchen and ablutions. Also more than enough walking, running and cycling paths criss-crossing the Estate. For fly-in visitors, an adjoining airstrip for light aircraft
- LEVIES: R2 100 per month (paid quarterly)
- RATES: R3 200 per month.
- SECURITY – no security issues. The estate is fenced in onto the river with a manned security gate and cameras, and all homes have alarms with patrolling security on call 24/7.
- DISTANCES: Kenton-on-Sea 5km, Port Alfred 28km, Port Elizabeth 128km.