Absolutely gorgeous cottage in an exquisite 'secret' gorge, offering total privacy and that authentic ‘wilderness’ experience, only 156km from Cape Town.
Situated in a 1 000ha Private Game Reserve, surrounded by the rugged Piketberg Mountains, in one of the most beautiful and peaceful valleys in the Western Cape, this ideal getaway, “Far from the Madding Crowd”, is just what the doctor ordered for weekends of complete rejuvenation in unspoiled nature. Secluded - in picturesque surrounds, fresh air, absolute tranquillity and under clear starlit skies, few can ask for more!.
- Cottage size: 92m² (which excludes the loft bedroom and deck).
- Exclusive Use Area - Sectional Title Scheme: 2.8ha (total privacy).
- THATCHED COTTAGE comprising open plan lounge (with fireplace) / dining nook / kitchen (beautifully fitted with gas stove), two bedrooms downstairs, one loft bedroom, one full bathroom (gas geyser), separate guest cloak, glorious elevated deck and outside braai area.
- All of the above totally off the grid with superb quality water from an artesian well, one small solar panel and gas.
- Cell reception at the gate (unfortunately, but leaving it at home or not going to the gate comes highly recommended).
- Rates: R35 per month.
- Levy: R750 per month.
- THE RESERVE OFFERS a wide variety of Fynbos. One of the few remaining relatively pristine areas of Fynbos left on the West Coast, and part of the Cape Fynbos Biome, it boasts a number of rare and endangered species and includes an area of Renosterveld.
- Indigenous wildlife recorded include; Aardwolf, Cape Fox, Bat-eared Fox, Ant Eater, Genet, African Wild Cat, Caracal, Klipspringer, Duiker, Grey Reebok, Cape Hare, Grey Mongoose, Water Mongoose, Porcupine, Striped Polecat, Baboon (scared of and not imprinted on humans), and the Cape Clawless Otter in the river. Also an unconfirmed sighting of a Cape Leopard - extremely shy creatures which still roam the Cape Fold Mountains freely.
- An abundance of bird-life, including Black Eagle.
- Various river pools for swimming.
- Rock Art.
- No land restitution claims, and no crime issues.
- See more about the history of the area under the heading ‘Editorials’ on the main page.