This beautiful wilderness farm, approximately 20km from the Pakhuis Pass, offers all the wonderful features of the Cederberg, such as beautiful rock formations, indigenous fauna and flora, clear starlit skies, absolute peace and tranquillity, plus TWO rivers – the Doring River (perennial) on the boundary, and the Brandewyn River (seasonal).
Undeveloped, it offers an incredible opportunity to a group of hikers, mountain bikers, rock climbers, river rafters (seasonal) or nature lovers to develop an off-the-grid mountain haven and/or campsite.
PLEASE NOTE: Price excludes VAT
- Farm size: 1 353ha (two Titles)
- 8km of river (collectively) - Doring River on the boundary (perennial river - part of the Olifants River system) and the seasonal Brandewyn River (tributary of the Doring River) runs through the far end of the farm.
- No improvements other than the access road leading to the top of the mountain (high clearance vehicle required for access road – rest of the farm 4x4 needed).
- Average rainfall: 180mm per annum.
- Some arable land (area suitable for Olives and Rooibos Tea).
- Household water (also for garden if required) from the river, and drinking water from artesian well (crystal clear).
- No electricity – off the grid gas, solar or wind turbines to be used.
- Intermittent cell reception and no Telkom lines nearby.
- Plentiful stone available on the farm for building.
- Absolutely no security/crime issues and no land restitution claims.
- ORGANISED ATTRACTIONS/ACTIVITIES NEARBY: Numerous short and overnight hikes to choose from (from a few hours to 3/4 days and longer) starting at the Pakhuis Pass and Wupperthal, Donkey Cart rides over the Pakhuis Pass ( Wupperthal), rock climbing, seasonal river rafting and canoeing, spa, scenic plane flights across the Cederberg (Wupperthal), the spectacular Bushman’s Cave Amphitheatre on the farm Oude Muur where popular artists perform periodically, some of the best preserved rock art can be seen, and also offering wonderful meals prepared in the outdoor kitchen, plus abseiling - by prior arrangement - and 4x4 trails. Booking essential for all activities at the Amphitheatre. Wildlife, such as Eland, visit the farm regularly (from the farm across the river).
- 60km North of Clanwilliam and 302km from Cape Town, with approximately 40km well maintained dirt road included.